A Smoking Navratan Kebab From A 5-Star Kitchen That Vegetarians Can Now Rejoice With
This Navratan Kebab recipe for vegetarians from Daniell’s Tavern for Mughlai lovers is absolutely justified if you’re feeling low and need a snack to cheer up the grumpy mood. Not meant to be easy or simple, this one takes a little bit of prep. But we believe that a little bit of prep goes a long way when you’re not in the mood for something heavy.
3 potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed
1 carrot, peeled and grated
1/4 cup paneer grated
1 cup beans, finely chopped
2 tablespoon green peas chopped
50 gms raisins
50 gms cashew nuts fried to golden brown
1 onion, finely chopped
5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 inch ginger, grated
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 cup cheese, shredded
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3 green chillies, finely chopped (adjust)
Coriander leaves, finely chopped
Salt to taste
Ghee, for shallow frying
LIVE: People Reading Now
- Put the mashed potato in a large bowl. Add all the vegetables, mash the ingredients well using a food processor. There should be a subtle coarseness in the mixture.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the oil and mix well. Check for salt and spice levels and adjust to suit your taste.
- Shape this mixture into small lemon size balls and flatten them a little between your palms.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat, place the cutlets a few at a time on the skillet, drizzle ghee on them and roast on medium heat until they are crisp and browned on both sides. Continue the same process with the remaining cutlets.
- Serve with mint chutney, onion and lemon juice.