Thinking of a cult classic cocktail for next big party? What if we told you that you could eat it too? It’s not rocket science, just a few tips & tricks for you to become the game changer of the cocktail party rituals.
First Things First
Dehydration is the process of drawing moisture out of food in an effort to preserve or dry up its surface. Usually used for dry fruits, dehydration is also used to create crunchy textures, flavoured powders or preserve the crispiness (and flavours) of foods like cranberries. Dehydration can be performed using a dehydrator or a common household oven, provided that the oven can be set to temperatures below 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
1/2 cup of half and half (equal parts whole milk and light cream)
1/2 cup of Kahlua liqueur
1/8 cup of Rice Krispies/any cereal
1/2 teaspoon of sugar
1/4 cup of vodka
You’ll want to make the Kahlua-infused Krispies ahead of time for this crunchy cocktail. Toss the cereal with 1/4 cup of the Kahlua liqueur in order to coat, then in a dehydrator (or an oven on its lowest setting), dehydrate the Kahlua-coated cereal for one hour.
Repeat the aforementioned step for another coat of Kahlua. Depending on your dehydrator or oven you may need to leave the cereal in it overnight to complete the drying/crisping process.
Once you have the cereal infused with the Kahlua, you can move on to the “milk” part. Combine ice, vodka and sugar in a cocktail shaker and shake until the sugar has dissolved. Strain the vodka/sugar and pour and stir it into the half and half.
When ready to serve, pour Kahlua Krispies into a bowl and add half and half/vodka/sugar mixture. Stir to combine.
If this doesn’t make you the coolest host of the cocktail party of the year, we don’t know what will.
Representative Photo Courtesy Of: Pixabay
- #HeyRum // Try Rum For Unbelievable Benefits From This Healthy Alcohol - December 4, 2016
- Food & Health Apps In Your Phone That’ll Make Life Easy-Breezy - December 2, 2016
- Luxurious Mehrauli Restaurants For That Gorgeous View Of The Qutub Minar - December 2, 2016
- Asian Haus Is Winning The Gourmet Delivery Scene With Their Pan-Asian Fare - November 29, 2016
- Thai House By Kylin’s Seafood Coconut Thai Soup & Pandan Chicken Are Winners - November 28, 2016
- 5 Newbies To Look Out For At The New & Improved Ansal Plaza - November 23, 2016
- #EatEffect // Healthy Pet Food That Will Keep Hooman & Pet Happy - November 19, 2016
- Ek Bar’s Winter Menu Stuns With State-Inspired Dishes & Drinks - November 18, 2016
- #EatEffect // Oatmeal Cookies, Shots & Smoothies For Brekkie - November 17, 2016
- This 26-Yr-Old Built A Tea Store & Company In Australia Selling Just Chai - November 16, 2016