It’s never too late to chase your dreams and well nothing can come your way if you’re passionate about something. 26-year-old Uppma Virdi is an Indian-Austrailian lawyer who started her tea store called Chai Waali 2 years back with an intent of serving Indian tea.
First Things First
In a short span, this picked up and has got a stupendous response. Recently, Uppma was awarded the Businesswoman of the year at the 2016 Indian-Australian Business Community Awards (IABCA)-2016. She got this idea while doing her job at a law firm.
Uppma recalls how her Grandfather, an aesthetic doctor taught her the art of making healthy herbal tea. Uppma’s love and passion for it brought her this far. The Chandigarh girl owns an online tea store which sells a variety of tea-related products such as kettles, strainers and even chocolate made of tea. She occasionally even conducts workshops where she teaches tea enthusiasts the art of making aromatic tea.
At the recent Melbourne Tea Festival, she told the media about expanding and taking Indian tea to other parts of the world as well. Nothing makes us happier to see our culture appreciated at such a large platform. You go, girl!
Check out her website here.
Read her full story here.
Photo Courtesy Of: Chai Walli
- #HeyRum // Try Rum For Unbelievable Benefits From This Healthy Alcohol - December 4, 2016
- Food & Health Apps In Your Phone That’ll Make Life Easy-Breezy - December 2, 2016
- Luxurious Mehrauli Restaurants For That Gorgeous View Of The Qutub Minar - December 2, 2016
- Asian Haus Is Winning The Gourmet Delivery Scene With Their Pan-Asian Fare - November 29, 2016
- Thai House By Kylin’s Seafood Coconut Thai Soup & Pandan Chicken Are Winners - November 28, 2016
- 5 Newbies To Look Out For At The New & Improved Ansal Plaza - November 23, 2016
- #EatEffect // Healthy Pet Food That Will Keep Hooman & Pet Happy - November 19, 2016
- Ek Bar’s Winter Menu Stuns With State-Inspired Dishes & Drinks - November 18, 2016
- #EatEffect // Oatmeal Cookies, Shots & Smoothies For Brekkie - November 17, 2016
- This 26-Yr-Old Built A Tea Store & Company In Australia Selling Just Chai - November 16, 2016