Since the beginning, Diwali is usually a pretty desolate time for the inmates at Tihar Jail, who can only participate through the products they make for the people outside. But this time, it’s different, as reported by The Hindu. They have been allowed to celebrate inside the high walls but without any fire or fireworks.
First Things First
The inmates have been allowed to decorate their sleeping areas in the way they want and will be getting some amazing food during this time. Jail authorities have planned celebrations which will include food stalls, entertainment and meet-ups with film actors. The festivities will continue over 10 days and the premises will be done up.
Going to be more of a mela, authorities have ensured the best possible meals and over the next week, each jail inside the premises will get an evening to celebrate the festival. On Friday, 1,500 inmates came for the 6-hour function. Actors like Gulshan Grover and Hussain Kuwajerwala came to meet the audience.
They are celebrating an eco-friendly festival with low wastage and no fire. The idea came from Mr. Yadav (Director General (Prisons)). So all in all, entire Delhi will be celebrating Diwali with pomp this year.
Read the full story here.
Photo Courtesy Of: The Hindu
- A One-Day Dessert Festival This Sunday Has 12 Bakers & All Desserts Under 200 Rupees! - January 18, 2017
- A Festival Of Cocktails & Booze? Delhi Cocktail Week Sure Looks Promising - January 16, 2017
- Bali, Bologna & Beirut: Andrea’s Eatery Brings The World’s Best To Our Table - January 14, 2017
- Guppy’s Slow Cooked Tuna Steak Has Killed & Taken Us To Seafood Heaven - January 10, 2017
- Admire The Legend & Watch Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron At The Om Puri Tribute Night - January 6, 2017
- The Amazing Butter Chicken Pulao By Joocy Is All The Reason To Order In Gurgaon - December 29, 2016
- Chef Veena’s Famous Winter Menu At The Spice Route Is Wonderfully Fishy - December 9, 2016
- #HeyRum // 9 Rum Brands In India That You Should Get A Shot Of - December 9, 2016
- #Hey Rum // Love Old Monk? This Is Why Indians Love To Drink Rum - December 1, 2016
- Andrea’s Eatery: The Ultimate Traveller’s Haunt Is Making Its Way To Saket - November 30, 2016