Pancakes with a savoury twist of bacon strips glazed in maple syrup!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
250 grams bacon
150 grams plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
A pinch of salt
120 ml milk
1½ tablespoon butter
Heat oil in a frying pan, add the strips of bacon and fry until each side is golden and crisp. This should take about 2-3 minutes. Once you remove the strips from the pan, drain the excess fat.
Add a tablespoon of maple syrup and wait for it to start bubbling. Put the strips back into the pan and cook for about 2 minutes until the strips seem perfectly glazed. Set these aside and keep warm.
To prepare your pancake batter, sieve the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
In a separate bowl whisk together the milk and the eggs. Carefully pour this mixture into the well and gradually stir until your batter is smooth and thick.
In a frying pan, warm a little oil. Now, add a spoonful of the batter mixture and shallow fry for about 30-60 seconds until each side is golden and puffed. Transfer the cooked pancakes to a warm plate and cover with foil.
Stack your pancakes and place the glazed bacon strips on the top. You can top it off with a dollop of butter and drizzle it with extra maple syrup.
#EatExtra: You can add tiny bacon bits in the pancake batter too!
Photo courtesy of: Madishetty Manasa
- 5 Green Leaves You Must Pick Up From Your Local Grocer For A Healthy Winter Glow - January 17, 2017
- An Easy Coastal Fish Curry That’ll Remind You Of Your Beach Vacation - January 17, 2017
- You Only Need 3 Things For A Perfect Cup Of Chai, Every Single Time - January 17, 2017
- Easy Seafood Risotto With A Hint Of Saffron To Warm Your Insides - January 17, 2017
- Prawn Sambal Recipe: A Malaysian Import That You Won’t Get Enough Of - January 16, 2017
- Ditch Those Oily Puris! Try Something Truly Healthy & Tasty When Fasting - January 16, 2017
- Nisteachi Coddi Recipe For A Goan Fish Curry To Remember For Ever - January 16, 2017
- A Shrimp & Fish Burger Recipe For When You’re Tired Of Your Usual Juicy Lucy - January 14, 2017
- Maple Salmon: A Fish Dish That’s Just Wayy Too Dishy For A Regular Meal - January 14, 2017
- Kiwi, Pineapples, Guavas: Make Healthy Fruit Candies At Home With Dehydrated Fruits - January 14, 2017