This chicken cooked in a creamy yoghurt and methi-flavoured (fenugreek) gravy is a winner every single time. Easy to plate and pairing well with rice as well as parathas, this is our go-to move for every impromptu dinner party.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
1 tablespoon oil
300 grams fenugreek leaves
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
1 onion, chopped
3-4 green chillies
2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder (optional)
½ teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
500 grams boneless chicken thighs, cut into pieces
1 tomato, chopped
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
Salt to taste
3 tablespoons yoghurt
2 cups water
Heat half a tablespoon of oil in a pan and add fenugreek leaves. They should begin to shrink as you cook. Once done, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
In a separate pan, heat the remaining oil and add the cumin seeds. After about a minute, add the chopped onions. Once golden brown, add the green chillies along with the ginger-garlic paste and stir for about two minutes. Stir in the red chilli, turmeric, cumin and coriander powders.
Mix in the chicken pieces and the chopped tomatoes, cover for about 15 minutes and stir every couple of minutes. Now add the cooked fenugreek leaves, garam masala powder, salt and yoghurt, mix well, and then pour in the water.
Cover and cook for another 20 minutes on low heat. Serve with rice or freshly made roti!
Photos Courtesy Of: Madishetty Manasa
- Do Indian Bartenders Need To Be Good Listeners? Ek Bar’s Nitin Tewari Tells All - January 18, 2017
- Had Too Much Gajar Halwa? This Carrot & Orange Soup Is For All The Winter Love - January 18, 2017
- Shah Rukh Khan Is No Foodie! Gauri Khan Tells EatTreat About Simple Eating - January 18, 2017
- 5 Green Leaves You Must Pick Up From Your Local Grocer For A Healthy Winter Glow - January 17, 2017
- An Easy Coastal Fish Curry That’ll Remind You Of Your Beach Vacation - January 17, 2017
- You Only Need 3 Things For A Perfect Cup Of Chai, Every Single Time - January 17, 2017
- Easy Seafood Risotto With A Hint Of Saffron To Warm Your Insides - January 17, 2017
- Prawn Sambal Recipe: A Malaysian Import That You Won’t Get Enough Of - January 16, 2017
- Ditch Those Oily Puris! Try Something Truly Healthy & Tasty When Fasting - January 16, 2017
- Nisteachi Coddi Recipe For A Goan Fish Curry To Remember For Ever - January 16, 2017