This chicken cooked in a creamy yoghurt and methi-flavoured (fenugreek) gravy is a winner every single time. Easy to plate and pairing well with rice as well as parathas, this is our go-to move for every impromptu dinner party.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
1 tablespoon oil
300 grams fenugreek leaves
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
1 onion, chopped
3-4 green chillies
2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder (optional)
½ teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
500 grams boneless chicken thighs, cut into pieces
1 tomato, chopped
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
Salt to taste
3 tablespoons yoghurt
2 cups water
Heat half a tablespoon of oil in a pan and add fenugreek leaves. They should begin to shrink as you cook. Once done, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
In a separate pan, heat the remaining oil and add the cumin seeds. After about a minute, add the chopped onions. Once golden brown, add the green chillies along with the ginger-garlic paste and stir for about two minutes. Stir in the red chilli, turmeric, cumin and coriander powders.
Mix in the chicken pieces and the chopped tomatoes, cover for about 15 minutes and stir every couple of minutes. Now add the cooked fenugreek leaves, garam masala powder, salt and yoghurt, mix well, and then pour in the water.
Cover and cook for another 20 minutes on low heat. Serve with rice or freshly made roti!
Photos Courtesy Of: Madishetty Manasa
- How Do The Pros Make The Classic Hot Chocolate & How You Can Too! - January 22, 2017
- Kashmiri Dum Aloo When The Dreary Weather Is Getting You Down - January 22, 2017
- Aloo Gobi For When You Need Your Ghar Ka Khana To Remind You Of Mom - January 22, 2017
- Upcoming #FoodFestival Checklist: Asian Hawker’s, Palate Fest & Grub Fest Are Back! - January 19, 2017
- What Cheeses Are You Pairing With Your Wine? Here’s A Handy Guide - January 19, 2017