Replacing sugar with honey makes the custard extremely smooth!
250 ml double cream
250 ml milk
½ vanilla pod
4 large egg yolks, beaten
7 Honey Twigs
Pour the double cream and the milk into a saucepan. Slit the vanilla pod lengthways and add to the saucepan. Bring to around 50°C (hot, but touchable with your finger), and remove from heat. Do not bring it to boil
Put the yolks and honey into a bowl and beat until smooth.
Remove the vanilla pod, gradually pour the milk mixture over the bowl and stir well.
To make it extremely smooth texture, filter the mixture, then divide evenly between the ramekins or oven proof dishes.
Fill a large vessel with water, and fill water till about 2 inches, and bring to boil.
Remove from heat, having covered each ramekin with silver foil, and place directly in the water (half way up the ramekins). Cover the pan and steam them for 20 minutes with very low heat. Do not let the water boil.
Remove ramekins from the pan and leave for 10 minutes. Carefully transfer to the fridge and let it set for 24 hours.
This piece was first seen on Honey Twigs.
Featured Photo Courtesy Of: Honey Twigs
- Upcoming #FoodFestival Checklist: Asian Hawker’s, Palate Fest & Grub Fest Are Back! - January 19, 2017
- What Cheeses Are You Pairing With Your Wine? Here’s A Handy Guide - January 19, 2017
- This Spicy Amritsari Chole Is Going To Add A Hell Lot Of Tadka To Your Life - January 19, 2017
- Vegetarian & Love Asian? This Delicious Miso Broth With Shiitake & Tofu Is For You - January 19, 2017
- Do Indian Bartenders Need To Be Good Listeners? Ek Bar’s Nitin Tewari Tells All - January 18, 2017
- Had Too Much Gajar Halwa? This Carrot & Orange Soup Is For All The Winter Love - January 18, 2017
- Shah Rukh Khan Is No Foodie! Gauri Khan Tells EatTreat About Simple Eating - January 18, 2017
- 5 Green Leaves You Must Pick Up From Your Local Grocer For A Healthy Winter Glow - January 17, 2017
- An Easy Coastal Fish Curry That’ll Remind You Of Your Beach Vacation - January 17, 2017
- You Only Need 3 Things For A Perfect Cup Of Chai, Every Single Time - January 17, 2017