The classic creamy green palak paneer goes perfectly with your naan. A simple but hearty lunch; we pick this for every Sunday lunch if you aren’t stepping out. Easy and perfectly healthy, this recipe is for keeps.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
4 cups spinach, chopped
1 inch piece ginger, finely chopped
1-2 green chilies, chopped
½ cup paneer (cottage cheese), cubed into ½ inch pieces
1 large onion, finely chopped
5-6 cloves garlic, crushed
Salt, to taste
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon dry fenugreek leaves
3 ½ tablespoons fresh cream
Oil or ghee
After having thoroughly washed the spinach clean, boil in salted water for about 2 minutes. Using a sieve drain out the water and transfer the spinach to a bowl full of cold water and let it rest for about a minute. Using a sieve again drain out the excess water and place the spinach in a blender. Add to this the ginger, green chilies and ¼ cup water. Grind these ingredients until you obtain a smooth green paste, set this spinach puree aside.
Heat oil in a pan and add the paneer cubes, shallow fry them till each side turns a light golden brown. Transfer these to a plate and set aside.
Add a little more oil to the pan and place the chopped onion, once they turn translucent add the crushed garlic and stir-fry for less than a minute. Now add the spinach puree that you had set aside along with some salt and cook for about 2-3 minutes while stirring. Pour in about 1/3 cup water, mix well and bring it to a boil.
Once the gravy begins to boil add the paneer cubes, after letting this cook for about 3-4 minutes add the lemon juice, fenugreek leaves and mix well. Turn the heat off and stir in the cream. Your palak paneer is ready! Serve hot with warm naan or rice!
Photo Courtesy Of: Madishetty Manasa
- Do Indian Bartenders Need To Be Good Listeners? Ek Bar’s Nitin Tewari Tells All - January 18, 2017
- Had Too Much Gajar Halwa? This Carrot & Orange Soup Is For All The Winter Love - January 18, 2017
- Shah Rukh Khan Is No Foodie! Gauri Khan Tells EatTreat About Simple Eating - January 18, 2017
- 5 Green Leaves You Must Pick Up From Your Local Grocer For A Healthy Winter Glow - January 17, 2017
- An Easy Coastal Fish Curry That’ll Remind You Of Your Beach Vacation - January 17, 2017
- You Only Need 3 Things For A Perfect Cup Of Chai, Every Single Time - January 17, 2017
- Easy Seafood Risotto With A Hint Of Saffron To Warm Your Insides - January 17, 2017
- Prawn Sambal Recipe: A Malaysian Import That You Won’t Get Enough Of - January 16, 2017
- Ditch Those Oily Puris! Try Something Truly Healthy & Tasty When Fasting - January 16, 2017
- Nisteachi Coddi Recipe For A Goan Fish Curry To Remember For Ever - January 16, 2017