A classic mutton shami wrapped in omelette all the way from Social Offline’s breakfast menu!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
50 gms channa dal
50 gms mutton keema
1 whole Kashmiri chilli
1 onion, finely chopped
½ teaspoon garam masala
½ teaspoon coriander seeds
100 ml refined oil
1 jalapeno, sliced into two
20 gms mozzarella
1 egg, whisked
Salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Soak the chana dal overnight in water a day prior.
Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Add the onion, tomato, and keema, and sauté for around five-seven minutes until the keema is cooked and the mix is browned.
Now gradually add the chana dal and along with the dry spices (Kashmiri chilli, garam masala, coriander seeds and nutmeg). Cook this mix for another two-three minutes till the spices have blended well. Keep aside for cooling.
Once cooled, mince the prepared mix in a blender. Make balls of the desired size from the keema mince, create a thumbprint impression, add in some mozzarella, jalapeno and chopped onions- close the ball. Now dip the prepared ball into the whisked egg to coat and bind, and finally deep fry.
Finally, wrap the freshly prepared fried shami kebab with omelette and stuff into a pav with green chutney!
Photo Courtesy Of: Azra Sadr
- Upcoming #FoodFestival Checklist: Asian Hawker’s, Palate Fest & Grub Fest Are Back! - January 19, 2017
- What Cheeses Are You Pairing With Your Wine? Here’s A Handy Guide - January 19, 2017
- This Spicy Amritsari Chole Is Going To Add A Hell Lot Of Tadka To Your Life - January 19, 2017
- Vegetarian & Love Asian? This Delicious Miso Broth With Shiitake & Tofu Is For You - January 19, 2017
- Do Indian Bartenders Need To Be Good Listeners? Ek Bar’s Nitin Tewari Tells All - January 18, 2017
- Had Too Much Gajar Halwa? This Carrot & Orange Soup Is For All The Winter Love - January 18, 2017
- Shah Rukh Khan Is No Foodie! Gauri Khan Tells EatTreat About Simple Eating - January 18, 2017
- 5 Green Leaves You Must Pick Up From Your Local Grocer For A Healthy Winter Glow - January 17, 2017
- An Easy Coastal Fish Curry That’ll Remind You Of Your Beach Vacation - January 17, 2017
- You Only Need 3 Things For A Perfect Cup Of Chai, Every Single Time - January 17, 2017