We have loved Smoke House Delhi in Hauz Khas, Vasant Kunj, Saket and CyberHub, and of course, there’s nothing like a taste of the familiar in a central location like Connaught Place. The ambience of the spot is consistent with the other outlets but also grants you a sneak-peek into the older world that CP was than what it is now.
In A Nutshell
Photo Courtesy Of: Smoke House Delhi
Still doing a very European menu, Smoke House Deli keeps on giving. The spot has opened right next to Croma in the Odeon Complex and the small entry section opens up into a large hall-like area that reminds one of an old-world coffee house.
The entry area has high tables next to the bar and deli, and the hall area is the main restaurant, the walls of which have been embellished with graffiti, spray-paint art and doodles around the theme of Connaught Place and its history.
We picked one of the side table in the main hall, but we believe that the elevated area at the end of the restaurant gives a nice view of the entire place and is nicely lit up for you to have a quiet romantic dinner.
Raise A Glass To
The Melon Kiwi Lemonade or the Mojito is a great pairing to wash down all those fresh greens or the creamy pastas. You can also get a juice or coke to keep it simple.
On The Silver Platter
We could go on and on about the various starters and mains, but we will restrict ourselves to the good bits. The Chicken Noodle Soup is excellent and comes with crispy noodles, chicken, mushrooms, herbs and spices in a bowl and a broth that you can pour out. The Wild Mushroom Soup is a perfect accompaniment with all the bread and the heat of the pepper makes it a great comfort meal.
The salads were just right in our opinion. The Californian Oranges and Grapes with the Passion Fruit Dressing has the right balance of sweet and savoury (from the goat cheese). We also tried the Grape and Toasted Chia Seeds with Fig Dressing, but it was a tad too sweet.
We recommend you dive right into the Wild Mushroom Risotto or the My Boss’s Style Spaghetti Aglio Olio. The pastas are al dente, and the Lamb and Horseradish Burger is the epitome of juicy. No really, we had to get another plate.
The Hazelnut Mousse is a perfect end to this gluttonous meal, if we may.
We haven’t tried any of the alcohol yet, so the jury is out on that. The flourless chocolate cake was slightly gelatinous. The cheesecake is drier than usual, but the blueberry compote it comes with, is stellar.
Food For Thought
We hope you try out the new Smoke House and we can assure you that we’re dropping back in during the day to try the sandwiches from the deli. See you there?
Drop in at Ground Floor, Odeon, D Block, Connaught Place. Explore more here.
Photo Courtesy Of: EatTreat Team
- #TheBigList: 25 Mouthwatering Food Experiences For Your Next Amritsar Trip - January 19, 2017
- A One-Day Dessert Festival This Sunday Has 12 Bakers & All Desserts Under 200 Rupees! - January 18, 2017
- A Festival Of Cocktails & Booze? Delhi Cocktail Week Sure Looks Promising - January 16, 2017
- Bali, Bologna & Beirut: Andrea’s Eatery Brings The World’s Best To Our Table - January 14, 2017
- Guppy’s Slow Cooked Tuna Steak Has Killed & Taken Us To Seafood Heaven - January 10, 2017
- Admire The Legend & Watch Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron At The Om Puri Tribute Night - January 6, 2017
- The Amazing Butter Chicken Pulao By Joocy Is All The Reason To Order In Gurgaon - December 29, 2016
- Chef Veena’s Famous Winter Menu At The Spice Route Is Wonderfully Fishy - December 9, 2016
- #HeyRum // 9 Rum Brands In India That You Should Get A Shot Of - December 9, 2016
- #Hey Rum // Love Old Monk? This Is Why Indians Love To Drink Rum - December 1, 2016