Every year, we end up spending more time in the kitchen than playing cards with our friends or spending a huge chunk of money on caterers. We say, no more skipping the fun this year or spending lot of money! To enjoy your party to the fullest, use these simple hacks which will give you more time to spend with your guests, without the frequent trips to the kitchen or the hassle of hiring waiters.
Drinks are synonymous with a party. Prepare a live bar section for mocktails, cocktails and shakes (incase you have some kids coming over) where the guests can prepare their own drinks and have fun doing so! Spruce up the section with quirky artefacts, a fun wine decanter, different glass sets, unique stirrers, mason jars, funky straws and more. Keep some shot glasses ready with salt rings and lemon slices in a cookie jar accompanied by olive sticks in a toothpick holder.
Photo Courtesy Of: Pixabay
Nothing is worse than having to heat and re-heat food again and again as you serve your guests. Prepare food platters as a centrepiece and surround them with plate pillars so your guests can help themselves to the food of their choice and no more microwaving for you! Include a Mediterranean platter with hummus, baba ganoush, pita and olives or an Italian platter with cold antipasto like bruschetta. These are easy to make and filling for the stomach, to keep you going till midnight.
While most of your guests will fill up on appetisers, you still have to serve main course. But, making chapatis for a large group, an individual chicken roulade or even a steak is time consuming. So, opt for simple things which you can keep prepared in advance and simply microwave before serving. Follow the Mediterranean theme with slow cooked Moroccan meatballs and Lebanese chicken/mutton casserole or the Italian route with fettuccine alfredo/arrabiata and baked penne.
Photo Courtesy Of: Wikimedia Commons
A party without the sweet section? No way! A DIY dessert section is must. Freeze individual kulfis in advance with easy to make mixtures available in supermarkets. Keep roohafza, khus, rabri as toppings for adults and chocolate chips, sprinklers, gems for kids. To keep with the themes you can also make a rosewater orange cake or tiramisu.
Follow this simple guide and your party with go more smoothly than ever. That is, if you don’t forget the entertainment factor!
Featured Photo Courtesy Of: Unsplash
- Hit These Stores To Get Your Boatload Of Baking Ingredients & Paraphernalia - January 9, 2017
- #TheBigList: 20 Amazing Eateries In CP & 20 Reasons To Visit Them - January 5, 2017
- Carl’s Jr. Is Finally Bringing Mutton Burgers To Delhi & They Are A Force To Reckon With! - January 5, 2017
- Cheese You Should Have On A Simple Antipasto Platter To Make Snacking Classy - January 4, 2017
- After Shutting Shop Across Delhi NCR, Nirula’s Is Making A Huge Comeback! - January 3, 2017
- Foodcation Tips: Try These Heavenly Food Joints On Your Road Trip To Jaipur! - January 1, 2017
- 3 Cafes In Cross Point Mall That Are Perfect For Post-Work Coffee - December 31, 2016
- 18 Amazing Cakes & Desserts That Made Sure 2016 Made Us Fat & Happy - December 30, 2016
- Love Punjabi Food? Punjab Grill Goes To Kolkata & 3 Other Continents - December 29, 2016
- Instagram Trend // Fried Chicken In A Cone Is A Simple Idea Done Well - December 27, 2016