Well, pre-gaming is the thrill that Delhi gets high on, but the Kejriwal government has decided to put a cap on it. You will have to go to jail if you’re found partaking in this celebrated act of drinking alcohol in public, no questions asked.
First Things First
Waging a war on the drinking and driving situation, the Delhi Government has decided to get involved. The crime of drinking alcohol publicly can leave you INR 5,000 short in the form of a fine and lead you behind the bars, and the Delhi Govt is not joking. In fact, if the offender creates any nuisance, the term will extend to three months and the fine will double.
Manish Sisodia, Deputy Chief Minister expounded, “If someone is found consuming alcohol in public places and near liquor shops, we will get them arrested under the excise act from November 7.” Putting the cork on Delhi’s drinking plans, be it in a car with friends, alone or outside a restaurant, this rule will ply at any public place.
A campaign is in the works which will create awareness around the rules and will dissuade people from drinking alcohol in public.
Read the full story by Hindustan Times here.
Featured Photo Courtesy Of: Pixabay
- #TheBigList: 25 Mouthwatering Food Experiences For Your Next Amritsar Trip - January 19, 2017
- A One-Day Dessert Festival This Sunday Has 12 Bakers & All Desserts Under 200 Rupees! - January 18, 2017
- A Festival Of Cocktails & Booze? Delhi Cocktail Week Sure Looks Promising - January 16, 2017
- Bali, Bologna & Beirut: Andrea’s Eatery Brings The World’s Best To Our Table - January 14, 2017
- Guppy’s Slow Cooked Tuna Steak Has Killed & Taken Us To Seafood Heaven - January 10, 2017
- Admire The Legend & Watch Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron At The Om Puri Tribute Night - January 6, 2017
- The Amazing Butter Chicken Pulao By Joocy Is All The Reason To Order In Gurgaon - December 29, 2016
- Chef Veena’s Famous Winter Menu At The Spice Route Is Wonderfully Fishy - December 9, 2016
- #HeyRum // 9 Rum Brands In India That You Should Get A Shot Of - December 9, 2016
- #Hey Rum // Love Old Monk? This Is Why Indians Love To Drink Rum - December 1, 2016