Starting next month, Paper Boat wants to replicate its ethnic beverage brand in the fast-growing packaged food industry, and will start placing packaged Indian snacks on shop shelves. Neeraj Kakkar, the co-founder of Hector Beverages, which promotes Paper Boat, has confirmed the news.
First Things First
Kakkar says that while beverages are seasonal, the packaged foods will help them in doing new things all through the year. They will be focussing on traditional Indian snacks only and will follow the same model as the beverage.
Paper Boat plans to steer clear of competition in the packaged food segment, as it has with the beverages. It hopes to create its own niche (like their kokum juice and aam panna). The product will be fair trade certified, which means that the farmers will be offered better prices than others.
Devendra Chawla, President Food and FMCG of retailer Future Group, who is also a mentor to Paper Boat says that extending the brand to traditional and ethnic Indian snacks that aren’t easily available and which can be made relevant to the youth with creative packaging will add to business across all months of the year.
Explore Paper Boat here.
Read the full story here.
- Read This Instead Of Googling The Best Butter Chicken In Delhi - January 19, 2017
- Dig Into The Gorgeous Zucchini Fries & Amazingly Thick Shakes At Diggin - January 19, 2017
- #EatCheap: 9 Budget Bars In CP For The End-Of-The-Month Drinking Party - January 18, 2017
- Is It Okay That Instagram Is Changing The Way Restaurants Are Serving Food? - January 18, 2017
- There’s A Hot Chocolate Festival In Town Bringing Hot Chocolate Shots For 100 Bucks! - January 18, 2017
- 4 Ways To Eat Extra Creamy Mashed Potatoes When You Have Some Left Over - January 17, 2017
- #EatCheap: 6 Budget Restaurants In GK II When You’re Feeling The Cash Burn - January 17, 2017
- Chef Saby’s New Cafe Is Coming To Meherchand Market & It Looks Like A Festival! - January 15, 2017
- We Tried The Goan Chorizo-Infused Bloody Mary At Lady Baga & It Was SO GOOD! - January 14, 2017
- #EatCheap: 5 Budget Restaurants In Connaught Place Meals For 2 Under INR 500 - January 14, 2017