Artisanal pizzas are the new ‘In’ thing and what’s better to pair with a sumptuous slice of pizza than wine! Check out our list of wines you should be coupling at your pizza (pity?) party.
Margherita & Rosé
A classic Italian pizza with tomato, mozzarella and basil is best paired with a more or less fruity flavourful Rosé. While choosing a wine with Margherita, remember that the pungent tomatoes should be the strongest flavour on the plate. If you want to opt for a red wine, go for something delicate and light.
Barbeque Chicken & Malbec
The sweet smoky chicken with onions is best paired with Malbec which has strong notes of blackberry, plum, cherry and chocolate. If Malbec isn’t available, you can also try Pinot Noir or Merlot from the red wine selection.
Meat Lover’s Pizza & Cabernet Sauvignon
A pizza loaded with meat comes to the rescue when all else fails (you know we are talking about that heartbreak). The rich and heavy toppings match perfectly with an indulgent red wine like Cabernet Sauvignon, high in acid and tannins.
Photo Courtesy Of: Unsplash
Pepperoni & Cabernet Franc
A meaty, spicy pizza slice like the New York Special Pepperoni deserves a full-bodied intense red wine like Cabernet Franc or Syrah. If you want something bubbly to cut through the heavy meatiness, Prosecco does that wonderfully.
Hawaiian & Riesling
The pineapple and ham Hawaiian pizza is one of our favourites (most people don’t share our excitement about it, but we welcome all opinions). The sweetness in the wine pairs beautifully with the sweet and sour flavour of the pineapple, while the acid cuts through the fattiness of ham.
Veggie & Chardonnay
A veggie pizza loaded with onions, bell peppers and mushrooms can be paired with unoaked Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc. Unoaked Chardonnay tastes fresher, more acidic and fruity. It doesn’t have the usual creamy flavour and soft notes of wood and spice.
#EatExtra: If you can’t decide between the options, remember Zinfandel pairs very well with rustic and earthy pizzas.
Featured Photo Courtesy Of: Pixabay
- Hit These Stores To Get Your Boatload Of Baking Ingredients & Paraphernalia - January 9, 2017
- #TheBigList: 20 Amazing Eateries In CP & 20 Reasons To Visit Them - January 5, 2017
- Carl’s Jr. Is Finally Bringing Mutton Burgers To Delhi & They Are A Force To Reckon With! - January 5, 2017
- Cheese You Should Have On A Simple Antipasto Platter To Make Snacking Classy - January 4, 2017
- After Shutting Shop Across Delhi NCR, Nirula’s Is Making A Huge Comeback! - January 3, 2017
- Foodcation Tips: Try These Heavenly Food Joints On Your Road Trip To Jaipur! - January 1, 2017
- 3 Cafes In Cross Point Mall That Are Perfect For Post-Work Coffee - December 31, 2016
- 18 Amazing Cakes & Desserts That Made Sure 2016 Made Us Fat & Happy - December 30, 2016
- Love Punjabi Food? Punjab Grill Goes To Kolkata & 3 Other Continents - December 29, 2016
- Instagram Trend // Fried Chicken In A Cone Is A Simple Idea Done Well - December 27, 2016