It’s cool, it’s hip and it’s happening all over again! Yes, we are talking of the annual North East Festival, which is back again this year at Delhi to be held at the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts from November 4 to 6.
First Things First
Aimed to promote the rich culture and heritage of the North East as well as in spreading some awareness, this three-day festival promises music, dance, handicrafts and food packed with loads of fun, frolic and entertainment. The rock-show judging panel consists of Allen, Karen and Jimmy along with a star studded line-up consisting of performers like Papon, Zubeen Garg, DJ Zaden and others.
With the theme of, ” Connecting People, Saving Lives,” there will be an exhibition of the products from North East. The live art, photography exhibition and the art workshop will have much to add to it alongside a delicious platter consisting of food from all the eight states served in 30 different stalls.
Khar from Assam, smoked pork from Nagaland, eromba from Manipur, jadoh from Meghalaya, Zan from Arunachal Pradesh and Gyathuk from Sikkim are some of the original, authentic North East Indian dishes which are expected to be available at the venue.
With a free entry scheme, a lot of tourists are slotted to attend the festival giving a boost to the tourism promotional scheme of the festival. Besides, the festival also provides a platform for the entrepreneurs of the North East and provide them with an opportunity to seal a deal with the investors.
“The North-east is famous for its traditional sports. The North East Festival would display the traditional sports of the region. Around 14 sporting events will be on display. Live art, photography exhibition showcasing wildlife, nature photography, an art workshop with 20 young artists of the region, will figure in the event,” Shyamkanu Mahanta, organiser told The Assam Tribune.
Drop in to IGNCA, Janpath for the event on 4 – 6 Nov or explore the event here.
Featured Photo Courtesy Of: North East Festival
- Amazon Go Brings Their First Fully-Automated Brick & Mortar Offline Store - December 13, 2016
- Nam, Meal & Ramen Bowls: Bowl Food Is Bowling Us Over - December 12, 2016
- Mars & Bars: What Are They Gonna Eat On The Next NASA Mars Mission? - December 1, 2016
- This Wonder Alcoholic Drink Is Aerated And… Completely Healthy! - November 30, 2016
- Google’s Popular Times Feature Can Help You Skip A Packed Restaurant - November 28, 2016
- Enjoy Veg & Non Veg Platters In Pitch-Black Darkness At Dialogue In The Dark - November 24, 2016
- Man Travelled From Edinburgh To India Only Bartering 120 Beer Cans - November 17, 2016
- 6 Food Startups Waging The War On Kitchen Waste & Food Wastage - November 11, 2016
- Is The Food Tech Boom Over? Startups Definitely Seem To Think So - November 7, 2016
- 16 Cats Rescued From Cat-Nabbers Who Use Cat Meat In Biryani - November 2, 2016