Pancakes with a savoury twist of bacon strips glazed in maple syrup! This Bacon Pancake recipe is what your brekkie desperately needs.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
250 grams bacon
150 grams plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
A pinch of salt
120 ml milk
1½ tablespoon butter
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add the strips of bacon and fry until each side is golden and crisp. This should take about 2-3 minutes. Once you remove the strips from the pan, drain the excess fat.
- Add a tablespoon of maple syrup and wait for it to start bubbling. Put the strips back into the pan and cook for about 2 minutes until the strips seem perfectly glazed. Set these aside and keep warm.
- To prepare your pancake batter, sieve the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the milk and the eggs. Carefully pour this mixture into the well and gradually stir until your batter is smooth and thick.
- In a frying pan, warm a little oil. Now, add a spoonful of the batter mixture and shallow fry for about 30-60 seconds until each side is golden and puffed. Transfer the cooked pancakes to a warm plate and cover with foil.
- Stack your pancakes and place the glazed bacon strips on the top. You can top it off with a dollop of butter and drizzle it with extra maple syrup.
#EatExtra: You can add tiny bacon bits in the pancake batter too!
Photo courtesy of: Madishetty Manasa