Ever heard of 2100 dishes cooked continuously for 2 days by a single chef? Well, this will blow your mind away!
First Things First
Madurai-based Chef Ram Prakash attempted to set a new Guinness World Record by making 2089 dishes in 50 hours in an event he called the Longest Solo Cooking Marathon. Earlier in 2015, Chef MS Rajamohan had set the record by making 1204 dishes in 48 hours and Chef Prakash broke that record with his marathon cooking chops.
What Was On The Menu?
Some of the dishes Chef Prakash made were Vallarai Keerai Nei Soru (vegetable and rice dish), Kaatuthulasi Kaalan Vadai (wild tulsi vada), Semparuthi Pazha Dosa, Sukku Vendaya Keerai Halwa (savoury halwa), Vethalai Milagu Sadham (paan and chilli rice) and many more traditional dishes, which were also on the list for the world record set by Chef Rajamohan.
With a break of less than 4 hours, Prakash managed to produce the number of dishes he had aimed to complete. He humbly dedicated this achievement to his mentor and mentioned that the main aim of this was to bring back the lost recipes where food was cooked without sugar, refined oil, artificial colours and maida. Through this marathon, he wanted to promote Sangakala Tamil Unavu. “It was a challenging task as we had to brave the weather and frequent power cuts. Surveillance camera failed once and the time lost had to be compensated,” he told The Hindu.
This unbelievable achievement is a milestone for the industry and is definitely a treat to the eyes & ears!
- #HeyRum // Try Rum For Unbelievable Benefits From This Healthy Alcohol - December 4, 2016
- Food & Health Apps In Your Phone That’ll Make Life Easy-Breezy - December 2, 2016
- Luxurious Mehrauli Restaurants For That Gorgeous View Of The Qutub Minar - December 2, 2016
- Asian Haus Is Winning The Gourmet Delivery Scene With Their Pan-Asian Fare - November 29, 2016
- Thai House By Kylin’s Seafood Coconut Thai Soup & Pandan Chicken Are Winners - November 28, 2016
- 5 Newbies To Look Out For At The New & Improved Ansal Plaza - November 23, 2016
- #EatEffect // Healthy Pet Food That Will Keep Hooman & Pet Happy - November 19, 2016
- Ek Bar’s Winter Menu Stuns With State-Inspired Dishes & Drinks - November 18, 2016
- #EatEffect // Oatmeal Cookies, Shots & Smoothies For Brekkie - November 17, 2016
- This 26-Yr-Old Built A Tea Store & Company In Australia Selling Just Chai - November 16, 2016