In A Nutshell
Guppy by AI is one of those gems in Delhi where you’ll find scrumptious meals, outstanding presentation, quirky décor with great service—the 4 essentials in any great restaurant. A joint-venture by AD Singh and JRG Hospitality, Guppy by Ai is surely going to be one of your most memorable meals.
Without a doubt, the courtyard has to be the perfect spot with the quirky anime bursts, colourful walls with Japanese anime wall art, installations and a colourful seating marked with a tree in the centre. If you’re looking for a perfect spot to dine, the interiors are well-done and absolutely Insta-worthy.
On The Silver Platter
You need to try their sushis, which are one of the best in town. The Spicy Salmon Roll, California Roll, Salmon Expression with wasabi and galangal are the perfect mix for your taste buds.
As if the vibrant interiors weren’t enough, the dishes are equally enigmatic: Prawn Tempura, Chicken Karage, and Pork Belly are some of their signature dishes. The Pork Belly is served with the Soy Honey Sauce glazed with Mustard Miso Sauce and wasabi on the plate. The Prawn Tempura is crisp and the Chicken Karage is a marinated fried chicken with spicy Kewpie Sauce.
Their Mushroom Takikome Rice is the perfect blend of sticky rice, vegetables and mushrooms. For dessert, order the red velvet cake, which is probably the best way to end this Japanese love-saga!
Raise A Glass To
They have some refreshing cocktails and mocktails on their drinks menu—you can’t miss out on the Wasabi Cocktail, Sendai (vodka, kiwi, fresh lemon, lime), Plum Blossom (Sochu, fresh plum, wine). If you’re a wine fanatic, you will love their rose wine and mulled wine.
Afternoons are usually crowded at this popular joint, especially Sunday. You will need a reservation, otherwise getting a table can be a nuisance. Prices are slightly steep, but the food is totally worth shedding a couple thousands.
Food For Thought
The Black Cod is not just their speciality but top-notch in every sense. Guppy is a chef-driven restaurant. If there’s something you want that’s not on the menu (however exhaustive the menu is), they make it a point to serve you the dish. Their Sunday Brunches have an assortment of Japanese delicacies with a wide range of soups, appetisers, sushi, tempura and so much more.
Drop in at 28, Main Market, Lodhi Colony or explore more here.
Photo Courtesy Of: Shreya Ahuja
- #HeyRum // Try Rum For Unbelievable Benefits From This Healthy Alcohol - December 4, 2016
- Food & Health Apps In Your Phone That’ll Make Life Easy-Breezy - December 2, 2016
- Luxurious Mehrauli Restaurants For That Gorgeous View Of The Qutub Minar - December 2, 2016
- Asian Haus Is Winning The Gourmet Delivery Scene With Their Pan-Asian Fare - November 29, 2016
- Thai House By Kylin’s Seafood Coconut Thai Soup & Pandan Chicken Are Winners - November 28, 2016
- 5 Newbies To Look Out For At The New & Improved Ansal Plaza - November 23, 2016
- #EatEffect // Healthy Pet Food That Will Keep Hooman & Pet Happy - November 19, 2016
- Ek Bar’s Winter Menu Stuns With State-Inspired Dishes & Drinks - November 18, 2016
- #EatEffect // Oatmeal Cookies, Shots & Smoothies For Brekkie - November 17, 2016
- This 26-Yr-Old Built A Tea Store & Company In Australia Selling Just Chai - November 16, 2016