This recipe is made with ingredients that are a 100% organic. Certified by the SGS, the mustard seeds used in the recipe were grown at Lodi, the garden restaurant’s very own, Sewara Organics Farm. The mustard oil used in the recipe is also a product of the farm, which is extracted using a carefully designed process which ensures that all their produce is 100% organic.
¼ cup mustard seeds
½ cup mustard oil
½ cup white wine vinegar
½ tsp rock salt (organic)
1 tsp jaggery or light brown sugar (optional)
Put the mustard seeds and the white wine vinegar in a small bowl or container. Cover and let it soak overnight.
Transfer the mustard seeds and liquid to a blender.
Add salt, oil, sugar and puree until the mustard forms a paste. However, make sure that a few of the seeds remain whole and the paste is of a grainy texture.
Transfer to an airtight container and let rest in the refrigerator for 2 days before use.
#EatExtra: Eat with burgers, Calcutta style fried fish, sandwiches, cutlets, and basically everything that deserves a generous dollop of awesomeness!
Featured Photo Courtesy Of: Lodi – The Garden Restaurant
- Read This Instead Of Googling The Best Butter Chicken In Delhi - January 19, 2017
- Dig Into The Gorgeous Zucchini Fries & Amazingly Thick Shakes At Diggin - January 19, 2017
- #EatCheap: 9 Budget Bars In CP For The End-Of-The-Month Drinking Party - January 18, 2017
- Is It Okay That Instagram Is Changing The Way Restaurants Are Serving Food? - January 18, 2017
- There’s A Hot Chocolate Festival In Town Bringing Hot Chocolate Shots For 100 Bucks! - January 18, 2017
- 4 Ways To Eat Extra Creamy Mashed Potatoes When You Have Some Left Over - January 17, 2017
- #EatCheap: 6 Budget Restaurants In GK II When You’re Feeling The Cash Burn - January 17, 2017
- Chef Saby’s New Cafe Is Coming To Meherchand Market & It Looks Like A Festival! - January 15, 2017
- We Tried The Goan Chorizo-Infused Bloody Mary At Lady Baga & It Was SO GOOD! - January 14, 2017
- #EatCheap: 5 Budget Restaurants In Connaught Place Meals For 2 Under INR 500 - January 14, 2017