Ever since its revamp, Lanterns Kitchen and Bar has been gaining popularity as a bar with a youthful vibe. We went and scoured the place and here’s why you should be turning up there, more often than not.
In A Nutshell
Lanterns is a casual dining restaurant-cum-bar that has recently undergone a makeover. It has become, over the years, a regular watering hole for college students and young professionals alike, mainly because of how pocket-friendly it is. They serve North Indian, Mughlai, and Chinese cuisines, with DJ and live bands performing every week to keep up the mood.
At the moment, Lanterns only has indoor seating, but we hear that they will soon have an extended courtyard area near the entrance. If you go when there’s still light outside, you should definitely be sitting at the space near the windows. It’s perfect for instagrammin’ all those beautiful food shots!
Raise A Glass To
If you feel like you’re in the mood to really bring the house down and party, you simply cannot miss the Jager Mojito. It is as sweet as it is boozy, and can get you buzzing soon enough.
On A Silver Platter
The Chapta Kebab with Varqi Paratha is definitely something you need to sample. The kebab was well done with just the right amount of spices and it almost literally melts in your mouth. The paratha goes with it quite perfectly, so much so that we’re lovingly using the phrase, “You are the Chapta Kebab to my Varqi Paratha” (Ok, maybe that’s taking things a bit too far!).
The restaurant is located in a moderately busy commercial complex, near a bunch of liquor shops. While it doesn’t affect your dining experience so much, you might want to be a little careful while making your way out since the stairs and the parking area are not very well lit.
Food For Thought
You should go to Lanterns Kitchen and Bar if you want to hang back with a few beers or cocktails with friends from work for the ambience, the food, and their good taste in music.
You can find Lanterns at 163 & 164, Rajendra Place, where you can enjoy all that they have to offer every day between 12:15 pm to 1:00 am.
Photos Courtesy Of: Lanterns Kitchen and Bar
- Is It Okay That Instagram Is Changing The Way Restaurants Are Serving Food? - January 18, 2017
- There’s A Hot Chocolate Festival In Town Bringing Hot Chocolate Shots For 100 Bucks! - January 18, 2017
- 4 Ways To Eat Extra Creamy Mashed Potatoes When You Have Some Left Over - January 17, 2017
- #EatCheap: 6 Budget Restaurants In GK II When You’re Feeling The Cash Burn - January 17, 2017
- Chef Saby’s New Cafe Is Coming To Meherchand Market & It Looks Like A Festival! - January 15, 2017
- We Tried The Goan Chorizo-Infused Bloody Mary At Lady Baga & It Was SO GOOD! - January 14, 2017
- #EatCheap: 5 Budget Restaurants In Connaught Place Meals For 2 Under INR 500 - January 14, 2017
- Celebrate The Warmth Of Lohri With An Organic Brunch At Devang House - January 13, 2017
- McDonald’s Is Going To Have Masala Dosa Burgers On Their Menu - January 12, 2017
- Burn The Fat Without Burning A Hole In Your Pocket At These Places In Indirapuram - January 12, 2017