A healthy, delicious and filling appetiser for when you’re having friends over during the festive season.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
1 ½ cups water
1 teaspoon salt
¼ cup quinoa
½ tablespoon oil
½ tablespoon butter
2 cloves garlic, chopped
½ yellow zucchini, sliced
1 cup diced pineapples
¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
5-6 baby lettuce leaves
Balsamic vinegar, to taste
Add the water and salt to a pot and cook the quinoa for about 10 to 12 minutes. Set aside.
Heat oil in a saucepan and add the butter, garlic, and the zucchini slices. Cook for about five minutes, until lightly browned.
Remove the zucchini from the pan, and set aside.
In the same pan, sauté the pineapples with cinnamon powder for two minutes.
Lay the lettuce on a plate, and add a spoon of the cooked quinoa on each leaf.
Place a slice of zucchini on each and top them with the pineapples. Add a drop or two of some balsamic vinegar and serve!
Photo Courtesy Of: Madishetty Manasa
- Upcoming #FoodFestival Checklist: Asian Hawker’s, Palate Fest & Grub Fest Are Back! - January 19, 2017
- What Cheeses Are You Pairing With Your Wine? Here’s A Handy Guide - January 19, 2017
- This Spicy Amritsari Chole Is Going To Add A Hell Lot Of Tadka To Your Life - January 19, 2017
- Vegetarian & Love Asian? This Delicious Miso Broth With Shiitake & Tofu Is For You - January 19, 2017
- Do Indian Bartenders Need To Be Good Listeners? Ek Bar’s Nitin Tewari Tells All - January 18, 2017
- Had Too Much Gajar Halwa? This Carrot & Orange Soup Is For All The Winter Love - January 18, 2017
- Shah Rukh Khan Is No Foodie! Gauri Khan Tells EatTreat About Simple Eating - January 18, 2017
- 5 Green Leaves You Must Pick Up From Your Local Grocer For A Healthy Winter Glow - January 17, 2017
- An Easy Coastal Fish Curry That’ll Remind You Of Your Beach Vacation - January 17, 2017
- You Only Need 3 Things For A Perfect Cup Of Chai, Every Single Time - January 17, 2017