While demonetisation has affected many, a restaurant in Tirunelveli has stepped up in these stressful times to reach out to its customers by offering food that they can pay for later, or for free.
First Things First
Hotel Sri Balaji, situated on the Tirunelveli RTO premises at NGO Colony in Tamil Nadu, put a board outside the restaurant from Wednesday onwards that stated that customers could have food even if they don’t have the money. This came as a surprise to the people living in the locality who’ve been struggling to get lower denominations.
Sri Balaji is a fairly new restaurant that opened only a few years ago, and they’ve been doing good business with a loyal customer base. After the government announced the ban on 500 and 1000 Rupee notes, they stopped accepting them.
The management realised that their customers started going away when they were unable to pay for food. So they decided to let their customers pay if they could (with smaller denomination notes, of course), or they could pay them later if they couldn’t. They say that it’s not a huge deal even if they don’t come back to pay.
Read the full story here.
Explore them here.
Photos Courtesy Of: Hotel Sri Balaji
- Read This Instead Of Googling The Best Butter Chicken In Delhi - January 19, 2017
- Dig Into The Gorgeous Zucchini Fries & Amazingly Thick Shakes At Diggin - January 19, 2017
- #EatCheap: 9 Budget Bars In CP For The End-Of-The-Month Drinking Party - January 18, 2017
- Is It Okay That Instagram Is Changing The Way Restaurants Are Serving Food? - January 18, 2017
- There’s A Hot Chocolate Festival In Town Bringing Hot Chocolate Shots For 100 Bucks! - January 18, 2017
- 4 Ways To Eat Extra Creamy Mashed Potatoes When You Have Some Left Over - January 17, 2017
- #EatCheap: 6 Budget Restaurants In GK II When You’re Feeling The Cash Burn - January 17, 2017
- Chef Saby’s New Cafe Is Coming To Meherchand Market & It Looks Like A Festival! - January 15, 2017
- We Tried The Goan Chorizo-Infused Bloody Mary At Lady Baga & It Was SO GOOD! - January 14, 2017
- #EatCheap: 5 Budget Restaurants In Connaught Place Meals For 2 Under INR 500 - January 14, 2017