Cookies have always been very popular but what has caught everyone’s fancy now is decorated cookies. Cookie art is being rigorously followed by Indian bakers and how.
First Things First
Let’s hear Ipshita Chakladar, Co-founder of The Hot Pink Cake Studio spill some of her secrets on cookie art. The pastry artist has amassed a huge following on Facebook where she has nearly 3,00,000 fans and shares her amazing creations! Here are some of her tips to tide you over:
Texture & Expectations
When you want to decorate cookies, you must remember not all cookies can be decorated even though many varieties have a smooth surface. This is only because the shelf life varies and they get soggy with the decoration. The best ones are sugar cookies which are strong and don’t have a crumbly texture.
What To Decorate On
Cookies can be decorated by dipping in chocolate, covering with fondant and intricate royal icing patterns.
The ones decorated with royal icing have the longest shelf life from a few weeks to months in the case of gingerbread cookies.
To decorate your cookie, you must first cool the cookie completely.
Proper storage in airtight containers ensure that the cookies not only maintain texture but the patterns don’t spoil. Humid conditions cause colours to bleed and that spoils the look of the cookie.
- #HeyRum // Try Rum For Unbelievable Benefits From This Healthy Alcohol - December 4, 2016
- Food & Health Apps In Your Phone That’ll Make Life Easy-Breezy - December 2, 2016
- Luxurious Mehrauli Restaurants For That Gorgeous View Of The Qutub Minar - December 2, 2016
- Asian Haus Is Winning The Gourmet Delivery Scene With Their Pan-Asian Fare - November 29, 2016
- Thai House By Kylin’s Seafood Coconut Thai Soup & Pandan Chicken Are Winners - November 28, 2016
- 5 Newbies To Look Out For At The New & Improved Ansal Plaza - November 23, 2016
- #EatEffect // Healthy Pet Food That Will Keep Hooman & Pet Happy - November 19, 2016
- Ek Bar’s Winter Menu Stuns With State-Inspired Dishes & Drinks - November 18, 2016
- #EatEffect // Oatmeal Cookies, Shots & Smoothies For Brekkie - November 17, 2016
- This 26-Yr-Old Built A Tea Store & Company In Australia Selling Just Chai - November 16, 2016