With the festive season coming in, and the endless parties and functions (need we mention, weddings?) that you’re going to attend one after the other; your skin and hair are going to take a toll. Here are a few foods that you should include in your regular diet for you to have healthy, lustrous hair and stop hair loss, all at the same time..
Oats are rich in silica, which make your hair healthy and strong, but also shine and silky. You can start your day off with a bowl of oats, milk and fruits.
Egg whites contain biotin, which works against brittle hair and hair loss. They are also rich in cysteine, which increases the thickness of hair.
Leafy greens such as spinach are nutritious and filled with antioxidants. Spinach is also a great source of iron, the lack of which causes hair loss and damage.
Pumpkins are rich in vitamin A, which is responsible for sebum production. It acts as a natural conditioner and promotes a healthy scalp.
Salmon is a great source of both Protein and Vitamin D, which are both crucial for strong hair. Additionally, the omega-3 fatty acids found in this fish help in keeping the scalp hydrated and healthy.
6. Sweet Potato
Sweet potatoes boost your hair growth and contain beta-carotene with fights against dry, dull, dandruff-prone hair and scalp.
Rich in biotin, Vitamin E, and omega-3 fatty acids, these nuts protect your hair from sun damage and prevent hair loss. Walnuts also contain copper, which retains the natural, rich colour of your hair.
This article is part of the EatTreat campaign to eat better and live more consciously. We are creating the #EatEffect. Are you with us? #GreenIsTheNewBlack. Come see us at our event – The Great Winter Picnic.
- #EatCheap: These Budget Bars In Rajouri Have Beer Pints Starting At INR 80 - January 21, 2017
- Bye Bye Obesity! India Is Getting A Fat Tax On Bags Of Chips, Junk Food & Soda - January 21, 2017
- Begin Your Sunday With Fun & Friends At These Sunday Brunches In Delhi - January 20, 2017
- Café Lota Has Perfectly Captured Fusion Food With Hints Of Regional Love - January 20, 2017
- Eggs Kejriwal Is On NYT’s Best Dishes List & You Can Try Them At SodaBottleOpenerWala - January 20, 2017