Empty stomach and a packed restaurant? Well, not to worry because Google has the perfect solution for you. Now you can see exactly how packed a restaurant is by using Google’s new feature Popular Times saving you from an embarrassing night out. Way to go Google!
First Things First
Google’s Popular Times feature works in real-time by anonymously tracking your smart phone’s location data to estimate how many people are present in a given location at any given time. “Since introducing the Popular Times feature in Google Search and Maps last year, you’ve been able to check how busy a place typically is at different times of the week,” Google said in a statement. “Just in time for the Black Friday swarms, we’re adding a real-time look at how crowded a place is right now, to help you decide where and when to go,” it added, as IB Times reported.
You can view the Popular Times when you search for a restaurant in Google Maps and the live feature lets you know how busy the place is in real time. So no waiting in long queues. The Popular Times feature shows a bar graph that also highlights how long people stay in the venue and the opening hours for concessions and also whether the location is emptier or busier than normal.
Right from restaurants, bars, coffee shops, shopping centres to even public spaces like parks, Google has everything locked down in its data. Google is bent on finding out the details to the core as it is leaving no stone unturned on finding out details from the customers who have visited a location by asking them questions like whether the place is kid friendly or not, serves alcohol etc. This information would come in handy when you want to try out a new place.
So say no to waiting from now ‘coz Google has come to your rescue! So sit back and relax because busy places are not your thing from now all thanks to Google.
Read the full story by IB Times here.
- Amazon Go Brings Their First Fully-Automated Brick & Mortar Offline Store - December 13, 2016
- Nam, Meal & Ramen Bowls: Bowl Food Is Bowling Us Over - December 12, 2016
- Mars & Bars: What Are They Gonna Eat On The Next NASA Mars Mission? - December 1, 2016
- This Wonder Alcoholic Drink Is Aerated And… Completely Healthy! - November 30, 2016
- Google’s Popular Times Feature Can Help You Skip A Packed Restaurant - November 28, 2016
- Enjoy Veg & Non Veg Platters In Pitch-Black Darkness At Dialogue In The Dark - November 24, 2016
- Man Travelled From Edinburgh To India Only Bartering 120 Beer Cans - November 17, 2016
- 6 Food Startups Waging The War On Kitchen Waste & Food Wastage - November 11, 2016
- Is The Food Tech Boom Over? Startups Definitely Seem To Think So - November 7, 2016
- 16 Cats Rescued From Cat-Nabbers Who Use Cat Meat In Biryani - November 2, 2016