You’ve probably made endless plans to go to Goa with friends. WhatsApp groups have been made and abandoned way too many times for you to count. Or maybe, you miss the crazy time you spent at the last holiday you went on there. AD Singh is launching his new restaurant ‘Lady Baga’ by mid-January. It has all the Goa feels and is going to be the only place that serves Goan food in Delhi.
First Things First
The restaurant has been decorated by his wife Sabina Singh, and looks like a huge shack. There are projections of waves on the walls to make it look exactly like you’re dining at the beach. The sand on the floor, the hammocks, tie-dye cushions, bead curtains, sun beds, retro artwork on the walls—all complete the look of the hippie culture of the region.
Look out for crazy cocktails like the Goan Chorizo infused Bloody Mary and vodka shots flavoured with coconut and palm since you’re not legally allowed to get feni across Goa’s border. They’re focussing on serving Goan food in Delhi, and have items like the Goan Chorizo Pulav and the Pork Vindaloo. But, they also have oddities on their menu from other cultures—because the beach shack doesn’t necessarily serve one particular cuisine, it has food that comforts the soul.
Since not many others are currently doing Goan food in the city, AD Singh is quite confident that people would want to come to a place like this for the focus on food as well as ambience instead of going to their regular watering holes for a quick drink. We also hear that they plan to open more of these restaurants across the country.
Lady Baga is opening at the place that Monkey Bar once used to be. They’re opening doors on Wednesday, the 11th of January at noon.
Head to P-3/90, Connaught Circus, New Delhi
Say hello at 081306 56644
Explore Lady Baga.
Photos Courtesy Of: Joy Jeet Mukherjee
- #EatCheap: These Budget Bars In Rajouri Have Beer Pints Starting At INR 80 - January 21, 2017
- Bye Bye Obesity! India Is Getting A Fat Tax On Bags Of Chips, Junk Food & Soda - January 21, 2017
- Begin Your Sunday With Fun & Friends At These Sunday Brunches In Delhi - January 20, 2017
- Café Lota Has Perfectly Captured Fusion Food With Hints Of Regional Love - January 20, 2017
- Eggs Kejriwal Is On NYT’s Best Dishes List & You Can Try Them At SodaBottleOpenerWala - January 20, 2017