If you often find yourself craving for dum biryani in Delhi, and you just want to pick something up on the go for lunch or dinner, you needn’t look further.
In A Nutshell
A recently opened takeout place for authentic, slow-cooked dum biryani from Calcutta, DomDom Biryani claims to use Nawab Wajid Ali Shah’s personal recipes for Mughlai delicacies. This place is located in South Extension and currently only delivers across the South Delhi region.
DomDom Biryani serves from noon onwards, so if you’re anywhere in the area, you can just pick up your meal on your way, or you can order in for lunch or dinner. They have a limited menu and have a vegetarian option for every dish too.
On The Silver Platter
We all gave the Chicken Nargisi a huge thumbs up (figuratively, of course). It was a preparation of boneless shredded chicken cooked in a moderately spiced tomato and cashew gravy. We felt that it was just the perfect thing and the light Rumali Rotis went very well with it. We also loved the Mutton Nawabi Chop, which was so well-cooked that the meat practically fell off the bone. The Phirni tasted as good as it looked, and we scraped off every bit of the creamy goodness from the bowl that it came in.
Burrani, a drink made with yogurt and flavoured with cumin and mint, which is traditionally a chaser for biryani; was a little over spiced. Also, while the Chicken Biryani wasn’t very spectacular, we loved that they had included potatoes in it to keep it authentic, Calcutta style.
Food For Thought
DomDom Biryani is a great place for you to get good dum-cooked biryani with some yummy sides when you’re on the go, or just ordering in. The food is reasonably priced, and the quantities are pretty great too.
Explore them here.
- There’s A Hot Chocolate Festival In Town Bringing Hot Chocolate Shots For 100 Bucks! - January 18, 2017
- 4 Ways To Eat Extra Creamy Mashed Potatoes When You Have Some Left Over - January 17, 2017
- #EatCheap: 6 Budget Restaurants In GK II When You’re Feeling The Cash Burn - January 17, 2017
- Chef Saby’s New Cafe Is Coming To Meherchand Market & It Looks Like A Festival! - January 15, 2017
- We Tried The Goan Chorizo-Infused Bloody Mary At Lady Baga & It Was SO GOOD! - January 14, 2017
- #EatCheap: 5 Budget Restaurants In Connaught Place Meals For 2 Under INR 500 - January 14, 2017
- Celebrate The Warmth Of Lohri With An Organic Brunch At Devang House - January 13, 2017
- McDonald’s Is Going To Have Masala Dosa Burgers On Their Menu - January 12, 2017
- Burn The Fat Without Burning A Hole In Your Pocket At These Places In Indirapuram - January 12, 2017
- #EatCheap At These Cheap Restaurants In Noida When You’re on A Tight Budget! - January 11, 2017