This Sauce Tomat is one of the five ‘Mother Sauces’ of French cuisine. Lots of veggies, bacon and everything put together with such ease, this French Tomato Sauce can jazz up your regular meal to something quite exotic.
Serves: 4 – 5
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 50 – 55 mins
Fat from 6-7 bacon strips
60 grams onions, diced
60 grams carrot, diced
30 grams flour
30 grams butter
1 kg tomatoes, diced
700 ml white chicken stock
1 clove garlic, crushed
Salt & pepper, to taste
On medium-low heat, add the fat from the bacon with one tablespoon of water to a saucepan and cook for about three minutes. Add the onions and carrots and cook for another five minutes.
Mix in the flour, stir well and then, add in the butter.
Next add the tomatoes, chicken stock, crushed garlic and simmer until it reduces to a thick consistency (about 40 minutes).
Remove and pour the contents though a sieve, collecting the liquid in a bowl.
Adjust the salt & pepper to taste and serve. Traditionally served with seafood, especially fish.
Photo Courtesy Of: Madishetty Manasa
- 5 Green Leaves You Must Pick Up From Your Local Grocer For A Healthy Winter Glow - January 17, 2017
- An Easy Coastal Fish Curry That’ll Remind You Of Your Beach Vacation - January 17, 2017
- You Only Need 3 Things For A Perfect Cup Of Chai, Every Single Time - January 17, 2017
- Easy Seafood Risotto With A Hint Of Saffron To Warm Your Insides - January 17, 2017
- Prawn Sambal Recipe: A Malaysian Import That You Won’t Get Enough Of - January 16, 2017
- Ditch Those Oily Puris! Try Something Truly Healthy & Tasty When Fasting - January 16, 2017
- Nisteachi Coddi Recipe For A Goan Fish Curry To Remember For Ever - January 16, 2017
- A Shrimp & Fish Burger Recipe For When You’re Tired Of Your Usual Juicy Lucy - January 14, 2017
- Maple Salmon: A Fish Dish That’s Just Wayy Too Dishy For A Regular Meal - January 14, 2017
- Kiwi, Pineapples, Guavas: Make Healthy Fruit Candies At Home With Dehydrated Fruits - January 14, 2017