Street foods are heavenly, but they are also associated with lack of hygiene and sanitation. Now, this puts us in a total dilemma! Whether to give into our temptations or empty our pockets in a two-star restaurant to have the same food. But worry no more. The Food Ministry has upped the ante in favour of food sanitation by promising dedicated street food zones in the city.
First Things First
Our Food Minister is going to report to the government concerning reserved stall space and cleanliness. “Street food vendors issue is an important and serious matter for us. People sell street food in very unhygienic conditions. It is a big challenge. There is a need to reserve a street/space for vendors to sell street foods for which, state governments’ support is required,” Paswan told reporters. Consumer’s health and food sanitation have been one of the major priorities in this drive. “I will soon write to state governments in this regard. I have discussed with some states,” he noted.
Clean & Green
Paswan also mentioned that to make the cleanliness campaign a structured one, this initiative has been divided into two schemes – clean consumer fora and clean market – for the next two years. Under the Clean Consumer Fora, financial assistance will be provided to 600-odd district level consumer courts for food sanitation facility, he said. Under the clean market scheme, voluntary consumer associations will be affiliated and asked to adopt a marketplace where they can conduct their activities.
Along with this, they would also look into the matters of sanitation facilities for consumers as well as street vendors. A cleanliness campaign had been led by The Food and Consumer Affairs Department last month in relation to Swach Bharath campaign.
Along with this, they will also look into the matters of sanitation facilities for consumers as well as street vendors. A cleanliness campaign had been led by the Food and Consumer Affairs Department last month in relation to Swachch Bharath campaign. This initiative will thus ensure safe food for the people as well as save our taste buds and wallet!
Featured Photo Courtesy Of: Pixabay
Read the full story by PTI here.
- Govinda’s New Restaurant In Rajouri Is Obviously A Superhit Spin-Off - December 16, 2016
- FSSAI Advisory: Snack Packing With Newspapers Can Cause Cancer - December 12, 2016
- This Awesome Book Cafe In Delhi Lets You Exchange Books For Food - December 7, 2016
- #HeyRum // Beginner’s Guide For Dummies On How To Drink Rum - December 5, 2016
- Food Truck 101: Everything You Need To Know About Opening A Food Truck - December 3, 2016
- Fine Dining At Its Summit: A Pop Up Restaurant Comes To Mount Everest - November 28, 2016
- Travel The World With These 5 World Cuisine Restaurants In Mumbai - November 22, 2016
- Taste Culture To Understand It: Travel In India & Elsewhere For Good Food - November 21, 2016
- Healthy Snacks That’ll Help With Your Memory This Exam Season - November 18, 2016
- Wine Tasting, Cake Baking & More: 4 Food Experiences In Mumbai - November 11, 2016