Fall weather is almost here and we’re all set to swing our spatulas for some intense baking sessions! We bring to you our favorite recipe of the delicious Classic Carrot Cake with a Cream Cheese Frosting. The strong flavours of cinnamon and nutmeg along with freshly shredded carrot makes this one a winner. Preparing this was mad fun. The only tedious bit was the shredding of carrots but then the end result makes each step seem like a joy ride. Bake away!
1 cup (200 grams) light brown sugar, packed (or dark brown sugar)
¾ cup (180 ml) vegetable oil
¼ cup (60 grams) yogurt
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups (260 grams) very finely grated carrots
½ cup walnuts
½ cup raisins
For The Frosting
2 cups cream cheese
¼ cup unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350˚F degrees. Grease a springform pan and keep aside.
In a large bowl combine brown sugar and oil. Beat in the yogurt until fully combined – about 60 seconds. The mixture will be gritty and thick. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Now mix in the vanilla.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. With a spatula, manually stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined and all flour pockets are gone — do not overmix!
Fold in the finely shredded carrots, raisins, and walnuts. Pour into the prepared springform pan
Bake for 32-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Do not overbake, or it will dry it out. Check the cake at 30 minutes, then again at the 32-minute mark. Our cake took exactly 34 minutes. Allow cake to cool completely before frosting.
For The Frosting
Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a large bowl with a mixer until blended. Add sugar in installments, beating after each addition.
Now smear the frosting on your yummy cake!
- Do Indian Bartenders Need To Be Good Listeners? Ek Bar’s Nitin Tewari Tells All - January 18, 2017
- Had Too Much Gajar Halwa? This Carrot & Orange Soup Is For All The Winter Love - January 18, 2017
- Shah Rukh Khan Is No Foodie! Gauri Khan Tells EatTreat About Simple Eating - January 18, 2017
- 5 Green Leaves You Must Pick Up From Your Local Grocer For A Healthy Winter Glow - January 17, 2017
- An Easy Coastal Fish Curry That’ll Remind You Of Your Beach Vacation - January 17, 2017
- You Only Need 3 Things For A Perfect Cup Of Chai, Every Single Time - January 17, 2017
- Easy Seafood Risotto With A Hint Of Saffron To Warm Your Insides - January 17, 2017
- Prawn Sambal Recipe: A Malaysian Import That You Won’t Get Enough Of - January 16, 2017
- Ditch Those Oily Puris! Try Something Truly Healthy & Tasty When Fasting - January 16, 2017
- Nisteachi Coddi Recipe For A Goan Fish Curry To Remember For Ever - January 16, 2017