As each day passes by, we can almost hear the rustle of the dry, golden coloured autumnal leaves, the sweet smell of warm spices in the air. Here’s how you can enjoy this beautiful season with this delicious, silky Indian dessert.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
½ cup ghee
800 grams pumpkin, finely grated
1 cup milk
1 ½ cups sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon cardamom powder
A pinch of saffron, for garnishing
Heat the ghee in a saucepan, add the grated pumpkin and sauté for about five minutes. Pour in the milk and continue to cook until the pumpkin is tender and almost dry.
Pour in the condensed milk and stir continuously until the mixture thickens. Sprinkle in the cardamom powder and mix well.
Garnish with saffron and serve hot!
Photo courtesy of: Madishetty Manasa
- Do Indian Bartenders Need To Be Good Listeners? Ek Bar’s Nitin Tewari Tells All - January 18, 2017
- Had Too Much Gajar Halwa? This Carrot & Orange Soup Is For All The Winter Love - January 18, 2017
- Shah Rukh Khan Is No Foodie! Gauri Khan Tells EatTreat About Simple Eating - January 18, 2017
- 5 Green Leaves You Must Pick Up From Your Local Grocer For A Healthy Winter Glow - January 17, 2017
- An Easy Coastal Fish Curry That’ll Remind You Of Your Beach Vacation - January 17, 2017
- You Only Need 3 Things For A Perfect Cup Of Chai, Every Single Time - January 17, 2017
- Easy Seafood Risotto With A Hint Of Saffron To Warm Your Insides - January 17, 2017
- Prawn Sambal Recipe: A Malaysian Import That You Won’t Get Enough Of - January 16, 2017
- Ditch Those Oily Puris! Try Something Truly Healthy & Tasty When Fasting - January 16, 2017
- Nisteachi Coddi Recipe For A Goan Fish Curry To Remember For Ever - January 16, 2017