We love these Green Falafel Healthy Wraps from Delectable Reveries. And of course, since we are all about eating and living healthy this week with #EatEffect, we thought of bringing you this delectable recipe.
First Things First
Falafel is usually made with chickpeas and/or fave beans and fried into round balls or patties. They are served with pita bread or any flat bread, and hummus or tahini-based sauces.
I make my own version of falafel – with green lentils instead and adding other nutrient dense ingredients. I don’t know if we can even call this a falafel or it is simply a burger or patties. Whatever the name, I hope you’ll make them and enjoy them.
2 cups cooked green lentils
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup chickpea flour/gram flour
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 cloves of garlic
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
1/4 tsp cardamon powder
1 cup fresh cilantro
1/2 cup fresh mint
1 tsp sea salt or more to taste
1/4 cup flax seeds
2 tbs sesame seeds
Process all in above ingredients apart from flax and sesame seeds in a food processor till well combined and coarsely smooth.Add the flax and sesame seeds and pulse a couple of times.
Add the flax and sesame seeds and pulse a couple of times.
Spray Olive oil on a baking tray and drop dollops of the falafel mixture then flatten a little.
Spray the top surface of the falafels with some olive oil too.
Bake in a preheated oven at 350F / 180C for 12 to 15 minutes, then turn them over and bake for another 12 to 15 minutes.
These falafels are slightly crispy on the outside and soft inside.
I used Romaine lettuce as a wrap and served the falafels with avocado, sprouts, fresh mint and a yummy sauce.
1 tbs almond butter
1 tsp tahini
juice of half lemon
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp agave
sea salt + black pepper
Blend it all together, taste, adjust, add more or not, be done. Enjoy!
This article is part of the EatTreat campaign to eat better and live more consciously. We are creating the #EatEffect. Are you with us? #GreenIsTheNewBlack. Come see us at our event – The Great Winter Picnic.
- #EatCheap: The Student’s Guide To Kolkata’s Budget Food & Where To Find It - January 13, 2017
- #TeaStories // The Emotions Behind Chai - January 13, 2017
- Majnu Ka Tila Is A Haven For Tibetan Food - January 11, 2017
- Ever Tried The Big Chill For Vegetarian Dishes? Here Are Our Top Picks! - January 10, 2017
- Kolkata’s Park Street Christmas Is Our Favourite Way Of Bidding The Year Goodbye - December 25, 2016
- For Amazing South Indian Food & Desserts, Head To Carnatic Cafe - December 23, 2016
- The Origin Of Chaat & A Tiny Trip To Chandni Chowk - December 5, 2016
- #EatEffect // Green Falafel Healthy Wraps For Your Breakfast Blues - November 21, 2016
- The Never-ending Fight Between Pulao & Biryani – Settled! - November 5, 2016
- “Dada Ekta Egg Roll” – The Saga Of Kolkata’s Street Food - November 1, 2016