We have a very simple recipe for delicious scrambled paneer for you to enjoy on days when you don’t feel like making too much of an effort to have a scrumptious meal.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 tablespoon oil
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon ginger, grated
4-5 garlic cloves, crushed
1 green chilli, finely chopped
2 medium onions, finely chopped
1 large tomato, finely chopped
1 medium bell pepper, finely chopped
½ teaspoon garam masala
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
Salt, to taste
2 tablespoons milk
250 grams paneer (cottage cheese), crumbled or grated
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
Once they begin to splutter add the grated ginger, crushed garlic and chopped green chilli, sauté on medium heat for about a minute.
Add the chopped onion and continue to sauté till they soften.
Now stir in the chopped tomato and bell pepper, cook for about 2 minutes, once they have softened add the garam masala, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt to taste. Mix well.
Pour in the milk, after allowing everything to cook for a minute.
Add the paneer and lemon juice, mix and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Don’t forget to keep stirring; this is done in order to prevent the paneer from sticking to the pan.
Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with warm naan or roti or even plain!
#EatExtra: You can put this in a roti (Indian bread) and roll it up for mess-free eating, or you can even have this with toasted bread.
Photo Courtesy Of: Madishetty Manasa
- Do Indian Bartenders Need To Be Good Listeners? Ek Bar’s Nitin Tewari Tells All - January 18, 2017
- Had Too Much Gajar Halwa? This Carrot & Orange Soup Is For All The Winter Love - January 18, 2017
- Shah Rukh Khan Is No Foodie! Gauri Khan Tells EatTreat About Simple Eating - January 18, 2017
- 5 Green Leaves You Must Pick Up From Your Local Grocer For A Healthy Winter Glow - January 17, 2017
- An Easy Coastal Fish Curry That’ll Remind You Of Your Beach Vacation - January 17, 2017
- You Only Need 3 Things For A Perfect Cup Of Chai, Every Single Time - January 17, 2017
- Easy Seafood Risotto With A Hint Of Saffron To Warm Your Insides - January 17, 2017
- Prawn Sambal Recipe: A Malaysian Import That You Won’t Get Enough Of - January 16, 2017
- Ditch Those Oily Puris! Try Something Truly Healthy & Tasty When Fasting - January 16, 2017
- Nisteachi Coddi Recipe For A Goan Fish Curry To Remember For Ever - January 16, 2017