A soulful meal with creamy sauce, some form of protein and toasted bread is what our slothful nights look like. Wrapped in a blanket and binge watching TV shows, we often reach for one of the easiest yet comforting recipes: Grilled Chicken with Mushroom Sauce. So, try your hand at it and we assure it will become one of your weekend staples.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
1 tbs olive oil
2 pieces chicken breast (fillets)
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste (six pepper medley by Sprig recommended)
For the sauce:
1 tbs olive oil
1 small onion, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
250 gm button mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup single cream
60 ml white wine/chicken stock
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Rub salt and pepper on both sides of the fillets. Heat a grill pan, add olive oil and cook the fillets until well done. Flip sides once a nice brown char appears. Remove from heat and allow to rest.
For the sauce
Heat a shallow pan and add olive oil. Add garlic and cook till its pungent smell goes away. Mix in the sliced onions and caramelise lightly to release their sweetness. Once a nice brown colour is achieved, add mushrooms and sauté until cooked. The mushrooms release water as they cook, so keep the heat at medium. Deglaze the pan with white wine/chicken stock. If you do not have any of these available, deglaze with water. Pour the cream and cook until it reaches a slightly thick consistency. Add salt to taste and a nice amount of pepper for heat. Add tarragon for garnishing.
Toast up a few bread slices and your comfort meal is ready!
Representative Photo Courtesy Of: Pixabay
- Hit These Stores To Get Your Boatload Of Baking Ingredients & Paraphernalia - January 9, 2017
- #TheBigList: 20 Amazing Eateries In CP & 20 Reasons To Visit Them - January 5, 2017
- Carl’s Jr. Is Finally Bringing Mutton Burgers To Delhi & They Are A Force To Reckon With! - January 5, 2017
- Cheese You Should Have On A Simple Antipasto Platter To Make Snacking Classy - January 4, 2017
- After Shutting Shop Across Delhi NCR, Nirula’s Is Making A Huge Comeback! - January 3, 2017
- Foodcation Tips: Try These Heavenly Food Joints On Your Road Trip To Jaipur! - January 1, 2017
- 3 Cafes In Cross Point Mall That Are Perfect For Post-Work Coffee - December 31, 2016
- 18 Amazing Cakes & Desserts That Made Sure 2016 Made Us Fat & Happy - December 30, 2016
- Love Punjabi Food? Punjab Grill Goes To Kolkata & 3 Other Continents - December 29, 2016
- Instagram Trend // Fried Chicken In A Cone Is A Simple Idea Done Well - December 27, 2016