The opening of restaurants focusing on regional Indian cuisine seems to have become the trend this year. Auro Kitchen and Bar, located in the heart of Delhi is doing just that, but has brought a plethora of flavours that the city is yet to experience.
In A Nutshell
Auro Kitchen & Bar has only opened recently, but has already become the talk of the town. They serve food inspired from the cuisines of the west side of the coastal region of the country, but they also serve a few dishes from the north-eastern cuisine.
The best place to be seated is anywhere near the periphery of the terrace, whether you go in the late afternoon or for dinner. The entire vibe of the place is quite chilled out, and is also great if you want to host a party.
Raise A Toast To
The restaurant is yet to get the liquor license, so we’re quite excited to see what they have up their sleeve. For the time being, we tried the Chocolate Pear Shake that wasn’t all that stellar but tasted great. The Flower Power iced tea is good too, and it tasted like an iced version of the Kashmiri Kahwa.
On The Silver Platter
We can’t even begin to tell you how much we loved the Pumpkin and Coconut Soup. It wasn’t overly spiced, the caramelised onions added to the sweetness, and the little pepper that they had put in provided sufficient heat. We also loved the Vindaloo Pork Ribs that literally fell off the bone, the Tandoori Mushrooms that were grilled to perfection, and the Pulled Jackfruit Fajitas just blew our mind!
The tingmo in the Tingmo Hotdog was a little hard, and the sausage itself was too dry for the mouth. The Gunpowder Chicken Popcorn was just chicken popcorn coated with gunpowder and served with more gunpowder. The Watermelon Iced Tea was a little bland and could have done with a little mint and a little more watermelon syrup.
Food For Thought
Auro is a great new place in town that serves delicious regional food from the western coastal region of the country. One can explore all the different flavours here that they normally wouldn’t find at most restaurants in the city.
Explore Auro here.
- Read This Instead Of Googling The Best Butter Chicken In Delhi - January 19, 2017
- Dig Into The Gorgeous Zucchini Fries & Amazingly Thick Shakes At Diggin - January 19, 2017
- #EatCheap: 9 Budget Bars In CP For The End-Of-The-Month Drinking Party - January 18, 2017
- Is It Okay That Instagram Is Changing The Way Restaurants Are Serving Food? - January 18, 2017
- There’s A Hot Chocolate Festival In Town Bringing Hot Chocolate Shots For 100 Bucks! - January 18, 2017
- 4 Ways To Eat Extra Creamy Mashed Potatoes When You Have Some Left Over - January 17, 2017
- #EatCheap: 6 Budget Restaurants In GK II When You’re Feeling The Cash Burn - January 17, 2017
- Chef Saby’s New Cafe Is Coming To Meherchand Market & It Looks Like A Festival! - January 15, 2017
- We Tried The Goan Chorizo-Infused Bloody Mary At Lady Baga & It Was SO GOOD! - January 14, 2017
- #EatCheap: 5 Budget Restaurants In Connaught Place Meals For 2 Under INR 500 - January 14, 2017