A great recipe for the scrumptious paneer tikka made right from the comfort of your home. Quickly done nd easily prepped, we recommend this for anyone looking to make snacks for an evening with friends or family.
Prep Time: 3 hours
Cook Time: 25 minutes
200 grams paneer (cottage cheese), cut into 1-inch cubes
For the marinade
1 cup yoghurt or hung curd
1 ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
½ teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon garam masala
½ teaspoon fennel powder
1 teaspoon chaat masala
¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
Salt, to taste
1 teaspoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1 ½ teaspoon lemon juice
For the marinade
Place the hung curd in a bowl and then add all the other marinade ingredients. Mix well until you have a colourful and smooth paste.
Now add the cubes of paneer to this marinade mixture. Make sure the paneer pieces are coated well.
Cover the bowl with a lid and set aside in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours (for best results, keep overnight).
Cooking the tikka
Place the paneer cubes on a wooden or metal skewer, and dab all sides with oil.
Line your baking tray with aluminium foil and make sure to spray it with non-stick spray or grease it with oil.
Now place the prepared paneer tikka skewers on this tray and set to bake in the preheated oven (180 degrees celsius) for about 20 minutes – 10 minutes for each side. Don’t forget to dab some oil to the other side when you flip the skewer.
Serve your crispy paneer tikkas hot with some green chutney.
#EatExtra: You can also cook the skewers in a pan on medium heat if you don’t have an oven.
Photo Courtesy Of: Madishetty Manasa
- 5 Green Leaves You Must Pick Up From Your Local Grocer For A Healthy Winter Glow - January 17, 2017
- An Easy Coastal Fish Curry That’ll Remind You Of Your Beach Vacation - January 17, 2017
- You Only Need 3 Things For A Perfect Cup Of Chai, Every Single Time - January 17, 2017
- Easy Seafood Risotto With A Hint Of Saffron To Warm Your Insides - January 17, 2017
- Prawn Sambal Recipe: A Malaysian Import That You Won’t Get Enough Of - January 16, 2017
- Ditch Those Oily Puris! Try Something Truly Healthy & Tasty When Fasting - January 16, 2017
- Nisteachi Coddi Recipe For A Goan Fish Curry To Remember For Ever - January 16, 2017
- A Shrimp & Fish Burger Recipe For When You’re Tired Of Your Usual Juicy Lucy - January 14, 2017
- Maple Salmon: A Fish Dish That’s Just Wayy Too Dishy For A Regular Meal - January 14, 2017
- Kiwi, Pineapples, Guavas: Make Healthy Fruit Candies At Home With Dehydrated Fruits - January 14, 2017