Enjoy this recipe of chicken and spinach on a bed of quinoa with a balsamic reduction for when you’re looking to make some healthy comfort food.
Serves: 2 – 3
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 – 20mins
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 boneless chicken thighs
110 grams baby spinach
½ cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 tomatoes, chopped
¼ cup quinoa, cooked
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add the chopped garlic and sauté. Add the chicken thighs and cook for about four minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove the chicken and set aside.
In the same pan, place the spinach and cook for a few minutes until the leaves wilt. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Lower the heat to medium, add the chicken broth, balsamic vinegar and stir, scraping the pan to remove any browned bits.
Add in the tomatoes, bring to a boil and let simmer for about three to five minutes.
Place the cooked quinoa in a serving bowl. Place the spinach and chicken on the quinoa, top with the balsamic-tomato reduction and serve!
Photo Courtesy Of: Madishetty Manasa
- Upcoming #FoodFestival Checklist: Asian Hawker’s, Palate Fest & Grub Fest Are Back! - January 19, 2017
- What Cheeses Are You Pairing With Your Wine? Here’s A Handy Guide - January 19, 2017
- This Spicy Amritsari Chole Is Going To Add A Hell Lot Of Tadka To Your Life - January 19, 2017
- Vegetarian & Love Asian? This Delicious Miso Broth With Shiitake & Tofu Is For You - January 19, 2017
- Do Indian Bartenders Need To Be Good Listeners? Ek Bar’s Nitin Tewari Tells All - January 18, 2017
- Had Too Much Gajar Halwa? This Carrot & Orange Soup Is For All The Winter Love - January 18, 2017
- Shah Rukh Khan Is No Foodie! Gauri Khan Tells EatTreat About Simple Eating - January 18, 2017
- 5 Green Leaves You Must Pick Up From Your Local Grocer For A Healthy Winter Glow - January 17, 2017
- An Easy Coastal Fish Curry That’ll Remind You Of Your Beach Vacation - January 17, 2017
- You Only Need 3 Things For A Perfect Cup Of Chai, Every Single Time - January 17, 2017