In the spirit of the #EatEffect, we’re telling you how you can add chia seeds—this seemingly small ingredient to boost your well-being that is higher in Omega-3 fatty acids than salmon, rich in fibre, and is a great antioxidant—in 3 simple ways to help you eat better. Especially when it comes to a detox diet.
For a paleo version, pour in two cups of coconut milk and ½ cup of chia seeds in a jam jar. Keep refrigerated overnight and have it for breakfast or take it on the go.
#EatExtra: You could alternatively top it with grated coconut or honey, or load it with berries for a dessert version.
Give your snack a quick Omega-3 punch by mixing fruits with your cup of yoghurt and topping it with a teaspoon full of crushed chia seeds for that extra crunch.
#EatExtra: You could do this with flavoured or greek yoghurt too, in case you’re planning for a detox diet!
Strawberry Chia Jam
In a vessel put in 4 cups of hulled and chopped strawberries, and ¼ cup of chia seeds. Add a ¼ cup of 100% apple juice it and simmer for 25 minutes, or just until the fruit starts releasing its juices and breaking down. Mash well till it gets a puree like consistency. Cool and store in jars, and refrigerate. The jam thickens because of the chia seeds. You can use this on your choice of bread—toasted or as is, or with some really great grilled cheese.
#EatExtra: You can use any other berry to make the jam. If you want an even sweeter version, you can use a ¼ cup of maple syrup instead of apple juice.
Featured Image Courtesy Of: Pixabay
This article is part of the EatTreat campaign to eat better and live more consciously. We are creating the #EatEffect. Are you with us? #GreenIsTheNewBlack. Come see us at our event – The Great Winter Picnic.
- There’s A Hot Chocolate Festival In Town Bringing Hot Chocolate Shots For 100 Bucks! - January 18, 2017
- 4 Ways To Eat Extra Creamy Mashed Potatoes When You Have Some Left Over - January 17, 2017
- #EatCheap: 6 Budget Restaurants In GK II When You’re Feeling The Cash Burn - January 17, 2017
- Chef Saby’s New Cafe Is Coming To Meherchand Market & It Looks Like A Festival! - January 15, 2017
- We Tried The Goan Chorizo-Infused Bloody Mary At Lady Baga & It Was SO GOOD! - January 14, 2017
- #EatCheap: 5 Budget Restaurants In Connaught Place Meals For 2 Under INR 500 - January 14, 2017
- Celebrate The Warmth Of Lohri With An Organic Brunch At Devang House - January 13, 2017
- McDonald’s Is Going To Have Masala Dosa Burgers On Their Menu - January 12, 2017
- Burn The Fat Without Burning A Hole In Your Pocket At These Places In Indirapuram - January 12, 2017
- #EatCheap At These Cheap Restaurants In Noida When You’re on A Tight Budget! - January 11, 2017