The team at EatTreat made it over to one of the very popular Parsi restaurants in the city on a breezy friday evening.
In a Nutshell
Located in the heart of the city, SodaBottleOpenerWala is one of the very few restaurants that serves Parsi cuisine. It is now open at three locations in the NCR — Khan Market, DLF Cyber City, and their latest outlet in the Mall of India Noida. One can easily spend hours at the restaurants (whichever you pick!), that are decorated with vintage artefacts like flower cans, soda bottles, mirrors with ornate wooden frames, and wooden chests. To add to the authenticity, there are jars and tiffin boxes filled with biscuits and candies placed at the tables.
The best time to visit is during late afternoons or early evenings when it is comparatively quieter and breezy. The pretty light fixtures and vintage decor make the seating area outside a perfect place for a date night.
Raise A Glass To
SodaBottleOpenerWala certainly doesn’t disappoint when it comes to the different flavours that their cocktails offer. The Brandied Bawi, Mummy Nu Double Dose, Sol Of Colaba, are some of the drinks that you must try.
On The Silver Platter
The menu is a lavish yet simple affair filled with delicacies. Interestingly enough, the Bun Maska and Maska Pav are served in tiffin boxes, which transports you to the streets of Mumbai. You should not miss Aloo Aunty’s Vegetable Cutlet, the Chicken Farcha, the Berry Pulao (both kinds) and the Dhansak Mutton.
Since there’s limited seating, you might have to wait for a bit to be seated on a busy weekend. They don’t take reservations, so go early, if possible.
Food For Thought
All in all, SodaBottleOpenerWala is one place you should not miss if you’re on a night out in the city and you want to try something new. Whether you’re going out with the fam, or catching up with friends, it is the perfect place to sit back and relax.
Turn up at 73, Khan Market between 11.30 am and 11 pm and you’ll have a gala time.
Photo Courtesy Of: SodaBottleOpenerWala
- Is It Okay That Instagram Is Changing The Way Restaurants Are Serving Food? - January 18, 2017
- There’s A Hot Chocolate Festival In Town Bringing Hot Chocolate Shots For 100 Bucks! - January 18, 2017
- 4 Ways To Eat Extra Creamy Mashed Potatoes When You Have Some Left Over - January 17, 2017
- #EatCheap: 6 Budget Restaurants In GK II When You’re Feeling The Cash Burn - January 17, 2017
- Chef Saby’s New Cafe Is Coming To Meherchand Market & It Looks Like A Festival! - January 15, 2017
- We Tried The Goan Chorizo-Infused Bloody Mary At Lady Baga & It Was SO GOOD! - January 14, 2017
- #EatCheap: 5 Budget Restaurants In Connaught Place Meals For 2 Under INR 500 - January 14, 2017
- Celebrate The Warmth Of Lohri With An Organic Brunch At Devang House - January 13, 2017
- McDonald’s Is Going To Have Masala Dosa Burgers On Their Menu - January 12, 2017
- Burn The Fat Without Burning A Hole In Your Pocket At These Places In Indirapuram - January 12, 2017