Caramelised onions add mouth-watering flavour to almost any dish. From quiches to pizzas, to burgers and grilled cheese sandwiches, this is one ingredient that will take your dish up by a notch.
The process is time consuming, but it’s definitely going to make your cooking game strong.
Onions, butter/ olive oil, vinegar, sugar
Handpick your onions. Cut off their stems and roots, and slice them into thin slices.
Add three to four tablespoons of fat to a large pan over medium heat. Butter and olive oil both work well, you can use both together as well.
Sprinkle some salt for seasoning the onions. This will take out some of the moisture from the onions. Toss the onions so that it’s cooked well.
If the onions stick to the bottom of the pan, deglaze with a tablespoon of red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, or wine. Not only will deglazing pull up tasty sticky bits, it will add even more flavour to your caramelised onions.
Add a teaspoon of sugar and stir it until it the onions have reached the optimal golden-brown colour.
Store in the fridge, in a sterilised jar or plastic container, and use in your dishes when required, for the perfect taste.
They can be served hot or cold and shelf life is 3 months!
- #HeyRum // Try Rum For Unbelievable Benefits From This Healthy Alcohol - December 4, 2016
- Food & Health Apps In Your Phone That’ll Make Life Easy-Breezy - December 2, 2016
- Luxurious Mehrauli Restaurants For That Gorgeous View Of The Qutub Minar - December 2, 2016
- Asian Haus Is Winning The Gourmet Delivery Scene With Their Pan-Asian Fare - November 29, 2016
- Thai House By Kylin’s Seafood Coconut Thai Soup & Pandan Chicken Are Winners - November 28, 2016
- 5 Newbies To Look Out For At The New & Improved Ansal Plaza - November 23, 2016
- #EatEffect // Healthy Pet Food That Will Keep Hooman & Pet Happy - November 19, 2016
- Ek Bar’s Winter Menu Stuns With State-Inspired Dishes & Drinks - November 18, 2016
- #EatEffect // Oatmeal Cookies, Shots & Smoothies For Brekkie - November 17, 2016
- This 26-Yr-Old Built A Tea Store & Company In Australia Selling Just Chai - November 16, 2016