Amidst cool green canopies in a city that never sleeps and doesn’t let you, lies a sanctum for those who crave a little time away from the fast-paced realities of life. We present to you, Café Lota.
In A Nutshell
Café Lota used to be the canteen at the Crafts Museum at Pragati Maidan, but has long since been revamped and is now a casual dining restaurant. Regional cuisine is served here from all parts of India. A few of the menu items are changed every few months. The restaurant is open for breakfast, and they also serve small and large plates later on in the day.
As one makes their way inside the Museum, one realises how natural light is fully exploited to create patterns while ventilating the entire space. The spot under the tree indoors that is decorated with fairy lights and lanterns is perfect for relaxing with family, or even with your group of friends.
Raise A Glass To
The restaurant doesn’t serve alcohol, but their lemonade is delicious and goes well with almost every item on their menu. You should also try the many varieties of tea that they have in case you’re visiting on a cool rainy day.
On The Silver Platter
Sample the Sabudana Popcorn, the Chigudi Malai Curry, the Fish Tikka, the Himachali Tawa Chicken, and the Chicken Pasanda. A lot of thought and care has gone into making the menu and is clearly reflective in the dishes that are served at Café Lota.
Parking is a huge issue, but if you’re willing to walk, you can park your car at Pragati Maidan metro station and make your way over to the restaurant. We also feel that the restaurant closes too early and so if you’re working through the week you can only go there on a day during the weekend and even then, it might be quite busy.
Food For Thought
Café Lota is definitely one of those places in the city that gives you an impression of a ‘safe haven’. It is a sanctuary for when you want to get away from the noises of the city. Once you’ve been there, you will find yourself wanting to go back whenever you can.
Drop by at the National Crafts Museum between 8:00 am and 8.30 pm. The restaurant is closed on Mondays.
Photos Courtesy Of: Cafe Lota
- #EatCheap: 9 Budget Bars In CP For The End-Of-The-Month Drinking Party - January 18, 2017
- Is It Okay That Instagram Is Changing The Way Restaurants Are Serving Food? - January 18, 2017
- There’s A Hot Chocolate Festival In Town Bringing Hot Chocolate Shots For 100 Bucks! - January 18, 2017
- 4 Ways To Eat Extra Creamy Mashed Potatoes When You Have Some Left Over - January 17, 2017
- #EatCheap: 6 Budget Restaurants In GK II When You’re Feeling The Cash Burn - January 17, 2017
- Chef Saby’s New Cafe Is Coming To Meherchand Market & It Looks Like A Festival! - January 15, 2017
- We Tried The Goan Chorizo-Infused Bloody Mary At Lady Baga & It Was SO GOOD! - January 14, 2017
- #EatCheap: 5 Budget Restaurants In Connaught Place Meals For 2 Under INR 500 - January 14, 2017
- Celebrate The Warmth Of Lohri With An Organic Brunch At Devang House - January 13, 2017
- McDonald’s Is Going To Have Masala Dosa Burgers On Their Menu - January 12, 2017