We love this sweet twist on the delicious Croque Monsieur recipe, into muffins made out of bread! Are you ready for the challenge?
Servings: 6 Muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
30 grams butter
30 grams flour
190 ml milk
A pinch of nutmeg
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
Muffins (muffin tray required)
6 slices of white bread
Put the butter and flour in to a saucepan on low heat and whisk away while the two combine and melt. Using whisk, add the milk slowly in order to avoid any lumps. Keep stirring. Add the Dijon mustard (optional), nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste. Your béchamel sauce is done and ready!
Cut off the crusts from the slices of bread, take a rolling pin to flatten out the bread and coat the full surface with melted butter
Place the whole slice of bread in the muffin tray, make sure to press it down so it covers the mold. Add bits of ham in the centre of the bread, place one cracked egg on each muffin. Make sure there is less egg white, you can achieve this by cracking the egg first and removing some of the excess egg white.
Add the béchamel sauce on top of the egg and load it with grated cheese. Touch up the sides of the bread with melted butter. Bake the muffins at 200 degrees for about 12 minutes. If you don’t like the egg runny keep them in for another 2 minutes!
#EatExtra Instead of using ham you can go with bacon or sausages.
Photos Courtesy Of: Madishetty Manasa
- Do Indian Bartenders Need To Be Good Listeners? Ek Bar’s Nitin Tewari Tells All - January 18, 2017
- Had Too Much Gajar Halwa? This Carrot & Orange Soup Is For All The Winter Love - January 18, 2017
- Shah Rukh Khan Is No Foodie! Gauri Khan Tells EatTreat About Simple Eating - January 18, 2017
- 5 Green Leaves You Must Pick Up From Your Local Grocer For A Healthy Winter Glow - January 17, 2017
- An Easy Coastal Fish Curry That’ll Remind You Of Your Beach Vacation - January 17, 2017
- You Only Need 3 Things For A Perfect Cup Of Chai, Every Single Time - January 17, 2017
- Easy Seafood Risotto With A Hint Of Saffron To Warm Your Insides - January 17, 2017
- Prawn Sambal Recipe: A Malaysian Import That You Won’t Get Enough Of - January 16, 2017
- Ditch Those Oily Puris! Try Something Truly Healthy & Tasty When Fasting - January 16, 2017
- Nisteachi Coddi Recipe For A Goan Fish Curry To Remember For Ever - January 16, 2017