The festive season in Delhi is in full swing, and we’re super excited for pandal hopping, Ram Leela, gorging on delicious food, garba, dandiya, and all the fun parties that are about to ensue. Here’s a punch recipe for you desi peeps to add that extra ‘high’ to lift up your spirits when you host your next soiree!
4 bottles vodka
8 litres water
A 20 litre Bisleri bottle
For the spicy mint and coriander paste
500 gms mint leaves
250 gms coriander leaves
20 green chillies
8 heaped tablespoons dried mango powder (amchur)
4 tablespoons asafoetida (hing)
For the tamarind chutney
400 grams seedless tamarind
1 litre water
100 grams cumin powder (jeera)
100 grams ginger powder (saunth)
50 grams asafoetida
50 grams chilli powder
750 grams jaggery
Oil for cooking
Rock salt/ black salt as required
For the sugar syrup
1 litre water
1 litre sugar
For the mint and coriander paste:
Grind together mint, coriander, green chillies, amchur, salt, black salt, asafoetida.
Add water to grind to a fine paste.
For the tamarind chutney:
Soak tamarind in water for 4-5 hours.
Squeeze pulp, strain and keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, let it crackle.
Put the pan on simmer. Add ginger powder, red chilli powder and cook for 7-10 minutes.
Add the jaggery and salt. Cook for another 4-5 minutes.
Remove pan from stove once done. Cool and store in an airtight container.
For the sugar syrup:
In an aluminium bottomed vessel, boil sugar and water together till it becomes syrupy.
Cool and set aside.
For the punch:
In a 20l Bisleri bottle, mix 8 liters of cold water to the mint and coriander paste and mix well. Add the tamarind chutney and the sugar syrup.
Add the vodka and mix well.
Completely fill the dispenser with ice cubes and mint leaves. Set the bottle on top, and serve!
#EatExtra: Have your glasses rimmed with a wedge of lemon, and dip it in granulated sugar before filling it up with your drink. Additionally, you could also fill golgappas with a little mix of boiled chick peas and potatoes and put it on top to make it look a little fancy.
Photo Courtesy Of: Wikimedia Commons
- Is It Okay That Instagram Is Changing The Way Restaurants Are Serving Food? - January 18, 2017
- There’s A Hot Chocolate Festival In Town Bringing Hot Chocolate Shots For 100 Bucks! - January 18, 2017
- 4 Ways To Eat Extra Creamy Mashed Potatoes When You Have Some Left Over - January 17, 2017
- #EatCheap: 6 Budget Restaurants In GK II When You’re Feeling The Cash Burn - January 17, 2017
- Chef Saby’s New Cafe Is Coming To Meherchand Market & It Looks Like A Festival! - January 15, 2017
- We Tried The Goan Chorizo-Infused Bloody Mary At Lady Baga & It Was SO GOOD! - January 14, 2017
- #EatCheap: 5 Budget Restaurants In Connaught Place Meals For 2 Under INR 500 - January 14, 2017
- Celebrate The Warmth Of Lohri With An Organic Brunch At Devang House - January 13, 2017
- McDonald’s Is Going To Have Masala Dosa Burgers On Their Menu - January 12, 2017
- Burn The Fat Without Burning A Hole In Your Pocket At These Places In Indirapuram - January 12, 2017