Hollandaise Sauce is a warm emulsion of clarified butter and lemon juice. A sauce that goes perfectly with steamed fish or even as a dip with carrot or celery fingers, this one is for keeps.
Serves: 3 – 4
Cook Time: 10- 15 mins
150 grams clarified butter
2 egg yolks
½ teaspoon salt
5-6 lemon drops
In a pan, melt the clarified butter and pour into a jug.
In a separate pan of simmering water, place a bowl with the egg yolks in it. Add the lemon juice and salt and whisk together. Gradually add small splashes of melted butter into the yolk, whisking each time. Once the butter is well mixed, the sauce will be smooth and thick. You could loosen the mixture with some white wine vinegar.
Photo Courtesy Of: Madishetty Manasa
- Do Indian Bartenders Need To Be Good Listeners? Ek Bar’s Nitin Tewari Tells All - January 18, 2017
- Had Too Much Gajar Halwa? This Carrot & Orange Soup Is For All The Winter Love - January 18, 2017
- Shah Rukh Khan Is No Foodie! Gauri Khan Tells EatTreat About Simple Eating - January 18, 2017
- 5 Green Leaves You Must Pick Up From Your Local Grocer For A Healthy Winter Glow - January 17, 2017
- An Easy Coastal Fish Curry That’ll Remind You Of Your Beach Vacation - January 17, 2017
- You Only Need 3 Things For A Perfect Cup Of Chai, Every Single Time - January 17, 2017
- Easy Seafood Risotto With A Hint Of Saffron To Warm Your Insides - January 17, 2017
- Prawn Sambal Recipe: A Malaysian Import That You Won’t Get Enough Of - January 16, 2017
- Ditch Those Oily Puris! Try Something Truly Healthy & Tasty When Fasting - January 16, 2017
- Nisteachi Coddi Recipe For A Goan Fish Curry To Remember For Ever - January 16, 2017