We present to you, a healthier rendition of the absolutely delicious Shahi Paneer for you to indulge in some yummy goodness without having to worry so much about the calories.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 cup tomato, finely chopped
½ cup onions, finely sliced
½ cup cashew nuts
2 dry red chillies
1 ½ cup water
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 bay leaf
2 teaspoons dried fenugreek leaves
2 teaspoons garam masala
4 tablespoons tomato puree
Salt, to taste
2 tablespoons yoghurt
½ teaspoon honey
¼ cup water
1 cup paneer (cottage cheese), cubed
2 tablespoons almond cream/cooking cream
In a pan, add all the ingredients for the gravy and set to boil on a high flame for 10-15 minutes. keep stirring until the tomatoes soften. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
Now, place this mixture into a blender and grind until you have a fine smooth paste. Keep this to the side.
Heat oil in a pan. Add the garlic paste and sauté on medium heat for about a minute. Now add the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bay leaf and continue to sauté for close to a minute.
Now throw in the dried fenugreek leaves, garam masala, tomato puree and the gravy paste you had set aside. Give everything a good stir and continue to mix for about 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
Sprinkle in the salt, then stir in the yoghurt and make sure to keep stirring so everything mixes well together.
Pour the honey, water, paneer and almond cream/cream. Mix well and continue to cook on medium heat for 2-5 minutes and your delicious Shahi Paneer is ready.
Garnish with a tablespoon of almond cream on top and serve hot with warm naan (butter naan for that extra kick) or plain rice.
#EatExtra: In this recipe, the cream, butter, and sugar is replaced with honey and almond cream. You can use what it originally calls for if you like.
Photo Courtesy Of: Madishetty Manasa
- 5 Green Leaves You Must Pick Up From Your Local Grocer For A Healthy Winter Glow - January 17, 2017
- An Easy Coastal Fish Curry That’ll Remind You Of Your Beach Vacation - January 17, 2017
- You Only Need 3 Things For A Perfect Cup Of Chai, Every Single Time - January 17, 2017
- Easy Seafood Risotto With A Hint Of Saffron To Warm Your Insides - January 17, 2017
- Prawn Sambal Recipe: A Malaysian Import That You Won’t Get Enough Of - January 16, 2017
- Ditch Those Oily Puris! Try Something Truly Healthy & Tasty When Fasting - January 16, 2017
- Nisteachi Coddi Recipe For A Goan Fish Curry To Remember For Ever - January 16, 2017
- A Shrimp & Fish Burger Recipe For When You’re Tired Of Your Usual Juicy Lucy - January 14, 2017
- Maple Salmon: A Fish Dish That’s Just Wayy Too Dishy For A Regular Meal - January 14, 2017
- Kiwi, Pineapples, Guavas: Make Healthy Fruit Candies At Home With Dehydrated Fruits - January 14, 2017