Come fall, we’ll be seeing a slew of emails crowding our inbox for invitations to barbeque nights and house-warming parties with a barbeque theme. Or maybe, you’re going to be the first to host one to start off the season. Here’s our list of tips and tricks that you absolutely must follow for a successful party that doesn’t leave you feeling like you’re going crazy!
1. Use Cupcake Liners As Lids
To avoid bugs from getting into your drink, make a hole in the centre of a cupcake liner and cover your glass/mason jar/cup. Push your straw through it to enjoy your drink.
2. Fill A Bucket With Frozen Water Balloons
Fill balloons with water and freeze them ahead of your party. Just before it starts, you can fill a tub or a bucket with the balloons and put the bottles of beer in it. It looks super pretty and your drinks will stay longer.
3. Have A Gourmet Burger & Hot Dog Bar
Set up counters with an assortment of sauces and toppings, and hang a few recipe cards over them so your guests can make their own version of gourmet burgers and hot dogs with different flavours. This will save you from handling requests all night!
4. Have A Station For Paper Towels & Cutlery
Set up a table, with mugs and re-purposed tin cans, and fill them with plastic cutlery and paper napkins, so it’s convenient for people to get to them.
5. Use Fairy lights
If you’re planning for a BBQ at night, you can get strings of fairy lights to wind around the trees in your backyard, or add to the bushes and hedges. If you’re hosting it on your terrace or in your balcony, you can just drape it over the walls or windows.
6. Use Cute Ice Cubes
Freeze berries and herbs in ice-trays for a fun way to keep your drinks cold. It makes your drink taste different, and the glass look pretty!
7. Keep A Bag Of Sunscreen & Bug Repellent Handy
One major derailment of BBQs can be that the guests get sunburns and or are really put off by the flies or mosquitoes. Make sure you are storing sunscreen and bug spray for everyone to use. You can even invest in one of those electric bug instruments too.
Have a happy BBQ!
- #EatCheap: 9 Budget Bars In CP For The End-Of-The-Month Drinking Party - January 18, 2017
- Is It Okay That Instagram Is Changing The Way Restaurants Are Serving Food? - January 18, 2017
- There’s A Hot Chocolate Festival In Town Bringing Hot Chocolate Shots For 100 Bucks! - January 18, 2017
- 4 Ways To Eat Extra Creamy Mashed Potatoes When You Have Some Left Over - January 17, 2017
- #EatCheap: 6 Budget Restaurants In GK II When You’re Feeling The Cash Burn - January 17, 2017
- Chef Saby’s New Cafe Is Coming To Meherchand Market & It Looks Like A Festival! - January 15, 2017
- We Tried The Goan Chorizo-Infused Bloody Mary At Lady Baga & It Was SO GOOD! - January 14, 2017
- #EatCheap: 5 Budget Restaurants In Connaught Place Meals For 2 Under INR 500 - January 14, 2017
- Celebrate The Warmth Of Lohri With An Organic Brunch At Devang House - January 13, 2017
- McDonald’s Is Going To Have Masala Dosa Burgers On Their Menu - January 12, 2017