Ever thought of a travel in India armed with nothing? Impossible, you say? Emmanuel “Manny” Marshall travelled all the way from Edinburgh in Scotland to our very own Delhi with 120 cans of beer that financed his trip. If that wasn’t shocking enough, well, you ought to know that he covered a 5,000-mile journey in just 6 weeks!
First Things First
Marshall, a native of Sydney, Australia, is a seasoned traveller and has been travelling for the last ten years, apart from which, he’s also made a mark as an author of the book, Travel Hackers Handbook. As a homage to the 18th-century brewers of India Pale Ale (IPA), Marshall undertook this trip offering the cans of IPA as payment. Travel in India without cash is difficult, but this is something completely else.
Before leaving Edinburgh, Manny said,” This is a trip of a lifetime. I’ve been hitchhiking for a long time now and I’ve seen how beer brings people together in many countries around the world.” Marshall made his way through France, Germany, Bulgaria, Greece, Austria and the Czech Republic. He depended on the generous contributions of the people to get along, like lifts from drivers and shelter for the night, when it came to travel in India. According to him, the people didn’t expect anything in return and some of them were glad that he had something to offer. Thankfully for Marshall, he had the IPA beers in his kitty, which according to their founder, Dougal Gunn Sharp, is one of the most distinctive styles of beer and is loved in many parts of the world.
So much for globetrotting! That sure must have been a task for Marshall but being the sport that he is, he managed to get it done. Hope you continue on your journey and inspire others along the way. Cheers!
Read the full story here.
Photo Courtesy Of: Pixabay
- Amazon Go Brings Their First Fully-Automated Brick & Mortar Offline Store - December 13, 2016
- Nam, Meal & Ramen Bowls: Bowl Food Is Bowling Us Over - December 12, 2016
- Mars & Bars: What Are They Gonna Eat On The Next NASA Mars Mission? - December 1, 2016
- This Wonder Alcoholic Drink Is Aerated And… Completely Healthy! - November 30, 2016
- Google’s Popular Times Feature Can Help You Skip A Packed Restaurant - November 28, 2016
- Enjoy Veg & Non Veg Platters In Pitch-Black Darkness At Dialogue In The Dark - November 24, 2016
- Man Travelled From Edinburgh To India Only Bartering 120 Beer Cans - November 17, 2016
- 6 Food Startups Waging The War On Kitchen Waste & Food Wastage - November 11, 2016
- Is The Food Tech Boom Over? Startups Definitely Seem To Think So - November 7, 2016
- 16 Cats Rescued From Cat-Nabbers Who Use Cat Meat In Biryani - November 2, 2016